Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

Question New 2113 issues

Please help. I have had my 2113 for a week. So far, I had to take it back to the dealer because it was supposed to have an outdoor kitchen and it didn’t have one. Then the first night we hooked it to water the back bathroom hot water line busted and flooded my living room. Took it back to the dealer and they “fixed it”. Then we told them the heater wasn’t really working. They told us that when it gets cold the run it off the propane. We tried that and froze for the last two nights. I called the manufacturer and they said that it’s because I live in Colorado. Then told me that they don’t make the furnace and gave me a number of a place to call. I called and haven’t gotten a call back. I went and bought 4 electric space heaters and now we are warm....
I had done my research for a year before buying this damn rig. I have to say I am at my wits end and loosing faith in Jayco!!!!
So rant over (for now). My question is has anyone else had this issues with areas where it gets to 10 degrees at night? Or should I change my name to Murphy?
Thanks
RCTalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #2

Didn't you look this unit over before you purchased it, I think I would have noticed it didn't have an outdoor kitchen. The propane furnace will only do so much if temps are getting that cold and the wind is blowing, it won't be warm and toasty like a house.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTalley View Post
*snip* Or should I change my name to Murphy?
Thanks
Trust me, it won't help!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #4

Does this unit have just a heat pump or does it have a conventional propane furnace as well?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #5

Colorado resident speaking here. I have found that the furnace will keep it comfortable down to about 20 but it runs constantly and uses a lot of propane and battery. I have to start my gen in the middle of the night or the battery won’t make it till morning. If it’s colder than 20 I don’t camp unless I have electricity to run a space heater in addition to the furnace.

I have no idea what size furnace you have. I am just speaking to my experience with my toy hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #6

Yes we did the walk thought but everything was open. I had only seen the kitchen on a closed unit. There was so much we were looking at that yes we missed it. And apparently so did the manufacture and the dealership. It wasn’t even set up to hold a kitchen, however the dealer paperwork and the manufacturing company both had paperwork that the unit came with it. So you tell me, how could all of us miss it? I don’t know, but we did.

As for the furnace we have the traditional furnace and one that runs off the propane. But I tried using both, and they aren’t working.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #7

Both.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #8

Which TT do you have, I don't see a 2113 listed
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTalley View Post

As for the furnace we have the traditional furnace and one that runs off the propane. But I tried using both, and they aren’t working.
You have me confused. In your own words...what is a "traditional" furnace vs one that runs on propane.

If you have a propane furnace you should be able to roast everyone out of your RV.

I tried to find your model on Jaycos website and cannot find it. No 2113 listed.

When you speak of a outdoor kitchen. Most people are thinking it is a built in option on the side of the RV with a door. I do see some option on the toy haulers for an attachment that looks like a box.... somewhat of an afterthought, so I see how the dealer could miss it. Possibly its a dealer installed option that just never got taken care of.

I found some other toy haulers with similar model numbers and it looks like they were outfitted with heat pumps... heat pumps don't work once it gets real cold.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #10

Newbie here. We have only had our 273 about 8 months. Don’t let people here make you feel foolish. There is a learning curve. Look at some of my posts. We are are still dealing with issues. We are finding all kinds of shortfalls of our dealership. Jayco has been helpful but it doesn’t make up for all the issues from the factory. I think they would be better off if they called these trailers “kits” with a “some assembly required” sticker. They come barley together and the dealer has a lot to do. Once you know that you know how important a good dealer is.

Just keep your head up. There is a lot of good advice here to be had. I think everyone means well. Sometimes it just comes across wrong.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #11

Thanks. I thought everyone here would be nice and it doesn’t seem the case. I am a woman and not that this is an excuse but I was frustrated and aside from an oil change and occasional plumbing problem I have not had much experience with fixing thing myself. As for the model I miss typed and it is a 4113. I just got it back again from the dealer and found that all my tanks were clogged and not working right because all the stickers were wrong on my rig. All the gray tanks were labeled as black tanks and vs versa. Also on of my valves was not labeled at all and the walk through I did was not helpful. They told me I had one drain for all my tanks, that didn’t make sense but I believed them. Well not true! So, I am figuring things out and will do so without asking for much help on here because if you are not spot on or know exactly what you are talking about the people on here make you feel like your an idiot. I get enough of that without seeking out anymore from people I don’t know. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #12

RV's are a work in progress. While one would think you could simply list a model number and get all the information necessary, that is simply not the case. Changes are made all the time, parts are swapped out, and many options are available or not within a given run.

When you break it all down into individual pieces however they all tend to have lots of similarities.

It is impossible for someone to read your mind and solve your problem(S) for you, and the only way we can help is to continue to ask questions of you to pare down what you do or do not have on your unit. If you take that line of questioning as being unfriendly, well then so be it... but the truth is that most people are here to help.

As you use your unit, and become more familiar with each system it will eventually start to make sense. If you can change your own oil on your car, you are more than capable of this.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #13

Yeah. No worries. You will quickly learn, as you read other posts and the like, how to provide info when inquiring about issues. Don’t forget Jayco. They are very helpful too. Youtube is helpful.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do? Just general camping, travel national parks or what?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #14

Live in it during move from Colorado to Georgia. Now looking for land or a home in Georgia. Then the unit will just become a recreational vehicle.

Tags
fifth wheel, furnace, heater, toy hauler