Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2019, 10:56 AM   #1

New trailer, old problems

So we picked up our 2019 Talon less that two weeks ago and we have issues.

The water pump has stopped working. It worked for a bit, then it just stopped. Checked the fuse looks good. The indicator light comes on, but no pump activity.

We had de-winterized to check plumbing. Found that right at the pump area there is a hose that is kinked in two places. Right where it connects to a line and back behind the pump. It is pinched enough that whatever that line goes to isn't going to work. I tried to unkink it but it is too short.

Have to take it to the shop. I could probably disconnect and reroute it but, you know how it goes. If I do it and something else breaks or the hose won't go back on, etc., that will all be my fault.

Also found a part of the lower covers that has come disconnected.

We also found that the front dome has multiple scratches, some cracks and a good bit of silicon or other sealant dripped or smeared here and there. Like the made a mess and didn't clean it up before it dried.

We did the exercising of the generator. It seems to run good. It takes two or three cranks to get it started. Doesn't seem like it should. Once running, seems to run great.

Gotta schedule to get the trailer back to the shop for the water pump. Anyone have any ideas what else to check if it has no activity at all?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #2

Pump may have burnt out due to the kink. I had my fresh water tank drain hose kinked so it took 24 hours to dribble out. Dealer fixed that. And yes they are messy. We have a hand print on a door jam that I'm slowly picking clean. Its black on dark wood so not too noticeable until u find it. The generator, that's due to design. They carb bowl drains back so as to not gum up it there. Ours takes a couple tries too as its priming up. U dont want fuel just sitting in there like they use too!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #3

This is good info on the generator, thanks! It seemed to start pretty good after the second or third attempt so it seemed like it was something like that.

I was thinking same on water pump. We hadn't used it that much. I was standing next to it most of the time we were using it. We were using city water the rest of the time. At least it is a simple part to replace. Though, not a simple job to do. I couldn't get in there to replace it. Would need an Oompa Loompa or the like. :-)
Old 03-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #4

Mine is right behind the access panel next to hot water tank. But would still be a pain I'm sure. I started using pump everytime. Got tired of the water hose heating up in the sun. Plus with 136 gallons on tap, that gets us through most of our trips. And wife says pressure is good from tank pump. She has more hair!
Mines in this week for a couple small issues as well. Radio wont tune a station, replacing. And dvd player has a high pitched noise while using. And a couple small items that have come off. Grey water handle, small corner trim, and interior trim loose. Already had to have rear tank discharge glued on, factory forgot.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:33 PM   #5

Found more problems this weekend

Found that the couch slide created a long rub on the floor with a gouge at the end. Also, other small issues. :-/
Old 03-31-2019, 07:19 PM   #6

Well that sucks. Sound like a big repair. Sorry to hear. I made sure to run my sides out almost daily at first to look for those issues. Keep us posted
Old 04-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #7

Dropped at dealer today

When I told them about the hole in the floor, they mention there are mats that are made to protect the floor when you bring in the slides. Of all the crap they tried to sell us when we picked it up, that is something they could have mentioned. :-/
Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #8

If they mentioned that to me, I would mention back it's under warranty! Fix please. Take it in and let them start the process. See if they can make an adjustment. Take home and use it till ur parts come in then make an appointment. Tell them ur picking up in a week....
Old 04-02-2019, 07:00 AM   #9

Oh hell yeah! I am by no means an expert at all this but I would say we are well seasoned. I definitely told them what I thought. I also told them we really just wanted to get the water pump and kinked hosed fixed. Everything else can wait until the end of the year. We have places to go. :-)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:56 AM   #10

Good for u! I'm the same way. They can fix when not in use! U may ask then for a mobile Mechanic they recommend. u can get all the warranty issues taken care of that way too! Same as bringing in. They come and look at the job and start the warranty. parts get sent to u, or them, come back and fix at ur house. I'll be going that route as soon as I finally get my rear awning install that was bought when u bought our trailer. Something to look into anyway....
Old 04-02-2019, 08:19 AM   #11

The kinked hose may be why the water pump is not working. If it is kinked that badly, it may be holding pressure from when the pump was first turned on. The pump could think it has pressure so it want run. Just a thought.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #12

Yep, very possible.