Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2022, 08:19 PM   #1

Octane 161 think I voided the warranty with MODs

So starting with the inside I added lights to under the bed so we can see what we are eating, added the Amazon dresser and a gun closet, in the bathroom a breeze fan and a toilet riser ( I’m 6’4”) a wall socket so my wife can use the mirror when she’s blow drying her hair. a remote control fanatic fan and a new faucet that pulls down, out side TPM sensors electric dump valves, cut a hole put in a baggage door so I could put a 200 ah lithium battery, the generator mount but put a metal box on it,Added a 1000 watt inverter under it in a small box so I can run the refrigerator while driving and a 20 amp transfer switch. Up graded to 30 p propane. Used the 30 amp cable from the mouse hole ran it underneath and plugged into the generator, the other end to a 30 amp transfer switch added a smart plug to the side and then te the transfer switch then into a bulldog serg protecter, and a fast foot ont the front.
Rklingborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:54 AM   #2

try to load pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rklingborg View Post
So starting with the inside I added lights to under the bed so we can see what we are eating, added the Amazon dresser and a gun closet, in the bathroom a breeze fan and a toilet riser ( I’m 6’4”) a wall socket so my wife can use the mirror when she’s blow drying her hair. a remote control fanatic fan and a new faucet that pulls down, out side TPM sensors electric dump valves, cut a hole put in a baggage door so I could put a 200 ah lithium battery, the generator mount but put a metal box on it,Added a 1000 watt inverter under it in a small box so I can run the refrigerator while driving and a 20 amp transfer switch. Up graded to 30 p propane. Used the 30 amp cable from the mouse hole ran it underneath and plugged into the generator, the other end to a 30 amp transfer switch added a smart plug to the side and then te the transfer switch then into a bulldog serg protecter, and a fast foot ont the front.
trying to load pic
Attached Thumbnails
66864930003__1936714B-17C1-4528-BEC1-F38F8D22C28F.jpg   IMG_0576.jpg   IMG_0567.jpg   IMG_0569.jpg   IMG_0571.jpg  

Old 07-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #3

If you still have your 2017 unit, you no longer have a warranty. But with all the mods you made, it sounds like you can fix pretty much anything on your unit without taking it to the dealer where it will probably sit for weeks or months waiting to have a warranty repair.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:34 PM   #4

Thanks
But just had a running with a tree, and had to take back to the dealer I don’t know the secret hand shake to get the parts I need to fix it he was talking that I total it, I said no you better check again.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:52 AM   #5

Did you put the Fantastic fan in the kitchen vent? If so was there wiring for power? We just bought a 17 161 and ours has no fan in the kitchen vent. I took off the trim but couldn't find a power lead.
Eastbayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:48 AM   #6

I'm not saying they won't try to claim you voided the warranty however, the burden will be on them to prove that your modification caused the specific part to fail. I'm not sure what you are trying to claim under warranty but what you want to refer to is the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #7
Site Team

Once the rig is 2 years old the question of warranty is moot.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:15 PM   #8

Yes if you look up there should be wires. Just check to be sure you got a positive which more then likely white. And a negative which I think was orange and it’s constant not switched.