Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

Octane 222: Relocating Microwave & installing shower door

Okay, so I see Jayco moved the microwave from the floor to overhead in the new models. Has anyone done a remodel to do this in an older 222. It would make for a happier wife if she didn’t have to get on the floor to cook.
Also, has anyone installed a sliding door in the shower? Always looking to see where I might make improvements.
JohnHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:59 AM   #2
JSC

Microwave oven

Yes the microwave is in a very inconvenient place but the thing that really annoyed me was the strange operation. I had to get the book out to figure out how to use it. Maybe I'm just old and haven't kept up with the way new appliances work but the operation seemed totally backward to me. Also putting in a shower door is a good idea and would help keep the water off the floor of the bathroom, but I'm not going to waist my time. I've already spent too much time fixing and making usefully modification to my 2020 Octane 222 xl.
JSC is offline   Reply With Quote