Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2017, 05:43 AM   #1

Octane 222 back to Camping World

After having my Octane 222 for about 45 days or so, here are a few minor issues that have sprung up and I'm just curious if anyone has had these problem:

1. Black Tank Flush leaks at the inlet where the outside hose connects. Actually had water inside the trailer in the "living room" / Cargo bay.

2. Water leak behind the toilet. Tightened the fitting to the water supply and still leaks slightly.

3. Shower stall has come away from the wall and creased in a spot.

4. I can see daylight coming through the rear driver side wheel well area. (maybe that's how the water came through from the black tank flush)

5. The right side door to the cabinet under the Television mount is warped.

6. The trim around the kitchen back splash keeps popping off.

7. The awning appears to be coming out of the track on the rear side corner.

That seems to be about it so far. Just minor stuff that I guess you would expect.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #2

It would be interesting to hear how Camping World responds with their service. Seems difficult to find anyone with great things to say about them. Hopefully you have a good experience!
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #3

So far so good. They took me in today and walked through the TT with me. They marked every item with blue tape and said it could take up to 3-4 weeks to fix everything depending on Jayco sending the parts. I told them I needed it by 9/28 and they said they I could pick up the TT if it's not completed and drop it back off after my trip. Sounds like free storage to me. Lol
Old 09-05-2017, 06:46 AM   #4

It's like anything I guess, depends on the situation. I've read some really sad stories on this board of people with Jayco problems but fortunately (so far) I haven't had any major issues.

Out here in AZ I think the RV industry may be worse than elsewhere. We have generally year round camping weather and a large influx of snowbirds who love to RV and get a lot of maintenance done here in the winter. So dealers here are so busy they don't have to really cultivate good customer relations.
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #5

Power Awning

Hey Wingman,

What brand is our power awning? We won't be getting delivery on our unit until Nov 6th, so trying to research for modifications. Looking into awning enclosure.
I see you have 2 dogs, do you travel with them? Any tips on that?
chellamaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellamaral View Post
Hey Wingman,

What brand is our power awning? We won't be getting delivery on our unit until Nov 6th, so trying to research for modifications. Looking into awning enclosure.
I see you have 2 dogs, do you travel with them? Any tips on that?
I'm not sure what brand the awning is and the camper is back at camping world, so I am unable to check. I'm not sure where you saw that I have 2 dogs because I don't have any dogs. Lol
Old 10-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #7

I "think" it's a Carefree Colorado awning but I don't see the same one on their website. Sorry! I must have seen the dog thing on someone else's profile!
chellamaral is offline   Reply With Quote