Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #1

Octane 222 backup camera

Hello guys,

Im a newbie, but I seen that my Jayco Octane is setup with pre-wiring for a backup camera, I was wondering where people have mounted the camera and how to set it up. On another note while researching if an octane 222 could fit a a 2020 RZR Turbo 4 s there was only one other person that could confirm this, so now I think I'm the second.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10a2...ew?usp=sharing
arias884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #2

Usually it is the Furrion camera that they wire for. I did not see the mounting plate for it in your picture though. You could call Jayco tech support & get the wiring diagrams for your specific camper (I have done this with them for many items on mine). You can also get the camera install documentation, like they would send to a dealer. They are good to respond (I would get an email with the info in about 1-3 days, or less) & have good documentation, at least on what I have had to deal with, on what is installed. They just will never answer a "what if" question, I am sure due to liability reasons.

All that said, I have a 2018 Octane T30F that was "pre-wired" & this is what I found. If the rear mount is there (mine was), there should be what looks like a female 1/8" stereo jack & an orange wire. The jack is the hot & ground to plug in the Furrion BU camera & is hooked to the running lights for pwr. The orange wire would be if you want to hook the camera to a continuous hot line (with a switch you mount on the control panel) & you can use the camera as a security camera while camping. It just requires you to turn on the pwr to it physically @ the control panel, vice using the running lights. I also had a sticker inside facing toward the toy area stating "pre-wired for camera" for a camera to watch the toys while driving to see if there is an issue. In reality, it was a sticker with nothing behind it. By the master bed there was a plug that allowed me to plug in the monitor from the truck & watch the rear & inside camera if I wish.

Due to the size of my TH I could not comfortably see down the right side , or behind (even with extended mirrors) like I felt was safe. So I installed 4 cameras. Two side view cameras high up on each side on the front, The rear camera & the inside camera. The side cameras run off the running lights & the rear & inside cameras have pwr switches on the control panel so can use the rear as a security camera & the inside to check on the dogs , or kids, during the night while camping. I used a 4 camera system from Tadi Bros. It had a better & larger monitor & offered wireless (which is what I used for all 4 cameras, so I did not have to run video wires.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, Ill get a hold of Jayco and see what they say.
arias884 is offline   Reply With Quote