Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Octane 273 Back-Up Camera

I am trying to setup a back-up camera on my 2016 Octane 273. It is "pre-wired" for a Furrion camera, but I did not buy a Furrion because they are too expensive. It's $400 and up from Amazon for a camera and monitor and they're cameras will only work with a Furrion monitor. Anyhow, I found a system that I had bought and installed on another RV with pretty good results for a whole lot less money. I am having trouble getting camera power from the pre-wired location above the cargo door. There are two green wires and two white wires. The original camera hookup was spliced into them, I can't get power from them even with the tow vehicle connected and the running lights on. I am assuming the green wire is ground and the white wire is power, but that's not working. I have a stand alone 12 volt power that I hooked to the camera to verify it works and can synch up to the monitor. Checked all of the fuses. Any ideas? I have contacted Jayco for a schematic and diagram. Thank you.
phoenixbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:38 PM   #2

did you get this solved? I'm having the same issue on a 209, but using a furrion camera. no power. thanks.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:29 AM   #3

I got this backup camera wiring diagram from Jayco. Very helpful.
Backup camera diagram.pdf
Old 12-05-2021, 06:36 AM   #4

Since you are assuming the green wire is ground, does that mean you have not verified with a meter? My 18 264bh used the green wire for +12vdc.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #5

Yes, the green wire was the + wire once I got in there. That jives with the Jayco diagram
Old 02-24-2022, 07:11 PM   #6

Found the problem. The connector to ground was not making contact. I updated the connection to use the running lights and can see traffic behind me while driving and making passes. Very helpful. Thanks for the input everyone.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote