Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #1

Octane SL 273 Outside Speakers Switch Location

The manual says there is a switch in the cargo area to turn the outside speakers off and on. I have yet to find that switch! Can anybody point me in the right direction. Thanks...
1973-1977 HT-2 "R" Division
2007 Work and Play 18 LT (retired)
Rednight55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #2

Most RV manuals cover several different models and configurations, so... Might look on the radio itself and see if there is an A/B switch or maybe the remote if it has one.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

I don’t have a 273 but my switch is in the control panel where all my light switches, hot water heater, water pump, fuel station, generator bed lift etc. switches are.
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #4

On my 273 there is no switch, additionally when they wired the stereo the mixed and matched interior left/right with exterior left/right so you couldn’t just fade it or balance it one way or the other. I simply rewired the channels so interior is front left/right and exterior is rear left/right. This really should be a no brainer when they do this work in the factory.
Just4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4toys View Post
On my 273 there is no switch, additionally when they wired the stereo the mixed and matched interior left/right with exterior left/right so you couldn’t just fade it or balance it one way or the other. I simply rewired the channels so interior is front left/right and exterior is rear left/right. This really should be a no brainer when they do this work in the factory.
Well thanks for posting that! After a triple search for the mystery switch I was thinking that might be the case. So it sounds like you did all your re-wiring on the back of the radio off the harness. Sounds legit! I was going to pull down the speaker closest to the electric panel hoping to find a wiring harness or audio circuit. Probably just one wire straight to each speaker from the back of the radio... Did your furrion radio come with a remote? I think that mine was left on the table with that switch! LOL Thanks...
Old 10-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #6

Yes wiring was done behind the radio and I did get a remote. It was in the Jayco pouch with all the owners manuals.
Hope you get everything sorted out. I’m going on 3 years and close to 30k miles with mine and other than some stupidity on my part and some weather related issues I’ve had no problems.
If you haven’t yet check the axles bearing, they don’t fully pack out the hubs the way they are supposed to.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4toys View Post
Yes wiring was done behind the radio and I did get a remote. It was in the Jayco pouch with all the owners manuals.
Hope you get everything sorted out. I’m going on 3 years and close to 30k miles with mine and other than some stupidity on my part and some weather related issues I’ve had no problems.
If you haven’t yet check the axles bearing, they don’t fully pack out the hubs the way they are supposed to.
Yeppers that is what it is, problem solved! The inside/outside speakers are controlled by the fader control on the radio. Duh, I was too distracted looking for a switch to consider a control.

Thanks for the heads up on the axle bearings. I like to hand pack my own every couple of years and that is on my wintertime list. Prolly roll this fall with a couple of shots through the ez lube until I get time to do the job right.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #8

You’ll need close to a full tube in each wheel bearing to fully pack them as them need to be. I was a little shocked how much they needed. I even checked to make sure that was right since I know over greasing bearing can lead to excess heat, but that is what they recommend.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #9

Rewiring to front and back makes much more sense! I will be fixing that! Thanks.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote