Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #1

Octane SL-- are all enclosed underbellies heated?

Little confused by Canadian standards vs US version, winterization packages, etc...

I've been living in my 2018 Octane SL 161 for almost a year now on the West Coast of WA and for the most part this little guy has been fantastic, other than minor issues. But I'm about to experience my first sub-20 F temps, so this will be the big test.

I've got a heated city water connection/hose, but I'm more worried about my tanks. I've got the enclosed underbelly but not sure if there's a duct from the furnace going down there.

I've read conflicting information as to whether or not the 'enclosed underbelly' is also a 'heated enclosed underbelly' as there seem to be different versions of the same model, so I've found. Considering it's sealed, I can't just peak down there and look for a vent... Anyone?
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #2

Do you have a separate lower storage area? Does the heat duct going to the bedroom have a separate register directing air into the compartment? Mine does. You could drop or remove the back barrier wall to see the furnace. I can remove a small door to access the whole house water filter and view the water pump and the furnace. Look to see if their is loose ducting for the under belly.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #3

Mines heated from the furnace. Go turn on your furnace. Go reach under your trailer and feel for warm air coming out of the seams of your underbelly covers. Results will be more noticeable on a cold day
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #4

I'll try that, thanks!
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote