Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

Octane t26y with water damaged roof/walls- fleece in roof?

Greetings all, I'm new here. I've currently got a 20 ft ultralight from another manufacturer and am shopping for a toy hauler to replace it. I think there is a 50/50 chance I'll end up with at 30' Jayco as it's got the floorplan I like and they seem to be good quality units.

Yesterday I looked at a 2007 t26y with some pretty bad water damage. The front seam where the roof meets the siding took in quite a bit of water damaging the first panel of the ceiling and entire front wall next to the bed and behind the cabinets.

I am on the fence about taking on a project of this size as the whole roof needs a scrape and reseal at all penetrations, plus a bathroom skylight. That's the least of it though, the water damage looks bad enough that the front structural wood likely needs replaced as well as the luan all the way around the bed.

I am concerned about additional water damage further into the rig from that leak if the fleece wicked water. It's uphill from the leak, but I've read some Jaycos in that model year had fleece under the TPO.

Does anyone know would the 2007 t26y roof have fleece under it?
coloradojay is offline   Reply With Quote