Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #1

Patio deck step latter storage

Has anyone come up with a way of storing the patio deck step latter? I really don't want it laying on the ground sliding around back there. Pictures would be appreciated.
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

Not my problems yet, but most on YouTube and those at the campground have gotten rid of them. They just use the three seasons doors or the inside. Outside of that can you put it in your truck bed? Or in the loft?
SmithE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #3

We r planning a week out in our talon over spring break. I currently have ours strapped down to the floor but because of the way most site r by design, the pad being the high point and the ground falling away, I think I'll be leaving mine at home. I wish the place to attach was on the side and not at the back. So I'm not seeing that it will reach the ground much. Time will for sure tell. We had the week out a site that backed up to the lake view to even ensure that we could put the party deck out. But I must admit, I'm super excited to get out there and use it as additional space!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
We r planning a week out in our talon over spring break. I currently have ours strapped down to the floor but because of the way most site r by design, the pad being the high point and the ground falling away, I think I'll be leaving mine at home. I wish the place to attach was on the side and not at the back. So I'm not seeing that it will reach the ground much. Time will for sure tell. We had the week out a site that backed up to the lake view to even ensure that we could put the party deck out. But I must admit, I'm super excited to get out there and use it as additional space!

I spaced that I could strap it down. I first big trip out that is going to have decent weather I want try it out. I might look into building some straps for it. It's kind of bulky I don't think a Side by Side would straddle it. Iw would be cool if there was a place to store it under the trailer. Kind of like car ramps on a car trailer.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithE6 View Post
Not my problems yet, but most on YouTube and those at the campground have gotten rid of them. They just use the three seasons doors or the inside. Outside of that can you put it in your truck bed? Or in the loft?
I might try that! I will have a kids atv in front of the hitch, there might be enough room behind it.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #6

I will say this, my 413 talon was delivered to our home by the dealer. Last I saw it, at the dealership some 15 miles away, my ladder was sitting on top of the plastic top table. When I opened it up after delivery it was still in the same place. I'm not saying things cant be thrown around in there. But that sure tells me it's not as bad as I thought it would ride.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #7

We put ours in the under bed storage for now. Will probably end up leaving it at home.
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #8

Patio deck storage

My Razor EP 1000 will clear step when put under Rzr
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #9

I just strap mine to the floor but in 6 or 7 trips I have yet to have level enough ground to use it. I'm gonna leave mine in my shop from now on...
vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #10

I pull a second 6x12 cargo trailer behind my 4113. Ladders and steps extra hoses kids bikes grill 100lb propane tank, Harley in the garage. But, I left a coffee cup,full, in my garage one time, hauled camper home bout 30 miles, rough roads, coffee cup exactly where I left it when I opened the door
Seismic Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:18 AM   #11

Go figure, I just watched a video of the 2019 talon 403t. Seems they fixed our issue. They now have a mount for the steps. Also looks as thou they may have changed the step as well. So not sure it fixes our step issue...
Old 03-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #12

If you would please

Please post a link to the video. :-)
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #13

https://youtu.be/xTbxjPOWB_Q
Let's c if I did this correctly
Old 03-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #14

Nope. Wrong one! That's what I have...
Old 03-22-2019, 05:02 PM   #15

https://youtu.be/dM4gSAe9ttE
Try this one! Geez....
Old 03-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #16

And I just check pricing on the link in video, the platinum is $22000 more than I paid for mine. Ouch.....
Old 04-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
https://youtu.be/dM4gSAe9ttE
Try this one! Geez....
I might look into that. I also like the cabinets that were in the back. I would find that a lot more useful than the shelf unit in the upper left of mine. Plus when I put or toss my helmet up there I have a hard time getting it back down.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #18

I'm gonna look into having those corner cabinets ordered too. Just gonna wait till they hit my local dealer later this year. Keep things off the floor!