Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #1

PD4500 and Gel Batteries

We have a 2017 4113 with a progressive dynamics 4500 series converter. It came with two group 24 dual purpose batteries and one has a bad cell now. I am considering switching to AGM batteries but found the following in the manual. Has anyone added this jumper? Wondering how difficult or expensive this may be. It is likely beyond my abilities
From page 1 of the installation manual; "When used with a gel cell battery, install jumper (0.100” spacing, not supplied) to 2-pin connector at H4 on main circuit board."
reppoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:43 PM   #2

Are you installing AGM or GEL? They are not the same,so If you're using AGM you don't need to change anything.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #3

I thought I did I need to do some more research. Getting to the batteries to check water is difficult so I want to increase capacity and decrease maintenance. Thank you.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #4

I just upgraded my 2017 4113 to two 6 volt, group 27 AGM batteries. I was receiving conflicting information so, before I upgraded, I contacted Progressive Dyn. to verify the 4500 would have no problem handling them. They confirmed it would with no modifications. So, as Grumpy said, if they are truly AGM then no problem. When I contacted PD, I did so by email and they responded back within 24 hours. So, if you still have questions or doubts, contact PD.

Another advantage to going with AGM you can lay them on their side, making it easier to get to the terminals since they are in such a tight spot.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #5

Thank you, appreciate you sharing your experience. I think I will go with AGMs.