Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #1

Ramp issues

Hey All, I own a 2015 Octane T32E, the ramp has been bulging due to moisture leaking in somewhere somehow. I noticed the problem last year and applied caulking all around the exterior trim on the outside of the ramp, and checked to make sure we had a good seal at the top of the ramp when closed. It appears to be getting worse. Heres a few pics from when we stored her for the winter a few months ago. Any ideas? has this happened to anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails
t1.jpg   t2.jpg   t3.jpg  
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
CAG

If you go to the Heartland RV site and to Cyclone or any of the other toy haulers you can search this topic. You will see that it was/is a common issue with the ramps, and your looks exactly like most of the Heartland ramps. I never had the problem with my 2011 but I also stored in in covered parking and sealed the door when I first heard of the issue. Some had doors fall apart while loading or unloading.

It basically means a total door replacement and at one point the manufacturer was replacing the door but the RV owner had to pay for shipping and install. I don't recall the manufacturer. It may have been Lippert but that will be mentioned in the Heartland threads.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you go to the Heartland RV site and to Cyclone or any of the other toy haulers you can search this topic. You will see that it was/is a common issue with the ramps, and your looks exactly like most of the Heartland ramps. I never had the problem with my 2011 but I also stored in in covered parking and sealed the door when I first heard of the issue. Some had doors fall apart while loading or unloading.

It basically means a total door replacement and at one point the manufacturer was replacing the door but the RV owner had to pay for shipping and install. I don't recall the manufacturer. It may have been Lippert but that will be mentioned in the Heartland threads.
thanks for the reply CAG. I don't transport motorcycles or sleds, mostly giant scale rc airplanes. I think the heaviest thing going up and down the ramp would be me...Lol. I'll see how she weathers this winter, and decide what to do. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
trlr2.png   trlr1.png  
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote