Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #1

Replace inverter?

Hello, we have a 2017 Seismic 4113 and would like to know if others have replaced the original inverter. I ask as we are installing 2000 watts of Topoint 190w 24v, manually tilt-able solar panels, two Midnight Solar Combiner boxes, all feeding into an Outback FM60 charge controller with shunt and remote monitor panel, feeding six AJCD100s 12v AGM 100AH batteries wired in parallel and would like to then replace the original wimpy 1000w inverter with an AIMS PICG1FG0W24v240v inverter to feed the distribution panel. We found 1000w is greatly undersized when trying to run both of our heat pumps and the toy hauler AC unit. We can currently run two, but nothing else! And I mean NOTHING ELSE! Also has anyone had experience with shadowing? I am running the panel POV leads from each panel to the combiner boxes as I was told that minimizes shadowing effect from series or parallel wired panels. Thoughts please.
kwithey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #2

Can't say I've replaced mine. Are you trying to say to can't run more than the two main A/C units with the generator and you want to supplement it with power from the inverter? There only items that run from my inverter on the 4114 is the refrigerator and TVs. If I wanted to run more items I would need to rewire the panel so that the inverter ran more than 1 circuit. It's certainly possible with separate switches, but would be a lot of work.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, solar