Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2024, 11:17 AM   #1

Residential Refrigerator Conundrum

New Seismic 4113 with the GE residential refrigerator. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get water to the ice maker and water dispenser. I have looked behind the fridge and I see no valves. I have looked inside the fridge and see no valves.

I feel like this is something staring me right in the face but I just can't find it. Can someone help me out here? I feel like an idiot.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
New Seismic 4113 with the GE residential refrigerator. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get water to the ice maker and water dispenser. I have looked behind the fridge and I see no valves. I have looked inside the fridge and see no valves.

I feel like this is something staring me right in the face but I just can't find it. Can someone help me out here? I feel like an idiot.
Do you have the drinking water system with the 5 gal jug? On some units that is what supplies the fridge too.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:35 AM   #3

sometimes valve is under sink of behind cabinet on the side of the sink, other times valves located behind drawers on the side of frig.

Like said above, water in jug and pump for jug on if you have it. It has a separate switch for that pump.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Do you have the drinking water system with the 5 gal jug? On some units that is what supplies the fridge too.
I do have the water jug and I have replaced the original empty with a fresh full one. I'm getting water at the sink out of the special drinking faucet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
sometimes valve is under sink of behind cabinet on the side of the sink, other times valves located behind drawers on the side of frig.

Like said above, water in jug and pump for jug on if you have it. It has a separate switch for that pump.
I'll look under the sink. Never would have thought that but I'll certainly look.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I'll look under the sink. Never would have thought that but I'll certainly look.
Also check the rack under the slide that holds the wiring and water line to be sure that it isn't pinched.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Also check the rack under the slide that holds the wiring and water line to be sure that it isn't pinched.
Excellent point. Had a friend with one years ago with the same thing. The water line was pinched and damaged to the point we had to replace. Of all things, it was pinched in-between a nut and bolt.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:21 AM   #7

We have a GE residential refrigeration in our Montana. Verify the water filter inside the fridge is a genuine GE filter. The GE filter has a RFID tag that is needed for the fridge's electronics to operate the water valve. If no RFID tag, the water valve will not open. We found this out the hard way with purchasing non-OEM water filters on Amazon. Good luck!
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salty View Post
We have a GE residential refrigeration in our Montana. Verify the water filter inside the fridge is a genuine GE filter. The GE filter has a RFID tag that is needed for the fridge's electronics to operate the water valve. If no RFID tag, the water valve will not open. We found this out the hard way with purchasing non-OEM water filters on Amazon. Good luck!
Where I park the Seismic underneath a shelter on the side of my barn, it's too tight to extend the slideouts. In two, weeks, we're heading to our next trip. I will confirm the filter is the one you mentioned. The service manager at my dealership says there may be a valve turned off that's behind a drawer.

I have no clue what that means. But I'll be looking behind the fridge drawers and nearby dresser drawers. It's worth a try.