Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2024, 11:17 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 34
Residential Refrigerator Conundrum

New Seismic 4113 with the GE residential refrigerator. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get water to the ice maker and water dispenser. I have looked behind the fridge and I see no valves. I have looked inside the fridge and see no valves.

I feel like this is something staring me right in the face but I just can't find it. Can someone help me out here? I feel like an idiot.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:21 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 16,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
New Seismic 4113 with the GE residential refrigerator. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get water to the ice maker and water dispenser. I have looked behind the fridge and I see no valves. I have looked inside the fridge and see no valves.

I feel like this is something staring me right in the face but I just can't find it. Can someone help me out here? I feel like an idiot.
Do you have the drinking water system with the 5 gal jug? On some units that is what supplies the fridge too.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,044
sometimes valve is under sink of behind cabinet on the side of the sink, other times valves located behind drawers on the side of frig.

Like said above, water in jug and pump for jug on if you have it. It has a separate switch for that pump.
__________________
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, 380 Watts
Solar, GoPower MPPT, Four 6 Volt batteries, EMS-HW50C, Hughes Hardwired Autoformer, Disc brakes and 17.5" tires

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:40 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Do you have the drinking water system with the 5 gal jug? On some units that is what supplies the fridge too.
I do have the water jug and I have replaced the original empty with a fresh full one. I'm getting water at the sink out of the special drinking faucet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
sometimes valve is under sink of behind cabinet on the side of the sink, other times valves located behind drawers on the side of frig.

Like said above, water in jug and pump for jug on if you have it. It has a separate switch for that pump.
I'll look under the sink. Never would have thought that but I'll certainly look.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 16,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I'll look under the sink. Never would have thought that but I'll certainly look.
Also check the rack under the slide that holds the wiring and water line to be sure that it isn't pinched.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:36 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Also check the rack under the slide that holds the wiring and water line to be sure that it isn't pinched.
Excellent point. Had a friend with one years ago with the same thing. The water line was pinched and damaged to the point we had to replace. Of all things, it was pinched in-between a nut and bolt.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 06:21 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: King Ferry
Posts: 3
We have a GE residential refrigeration in our Montana. Verify the water filter inside the fridge is a genuine GE filter. The GE filter has a RFID tag that is needed for the fridge's electronics to operate the water valve. If no RFID tag, the water valve will not open. We found this out the hard way with purchasing non-OEM water filters on Amazon. Good luck!
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:59 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salty View Post
We have a GE residential refrigeration in our Montana. Verify the water filter inside the fridge is a genuine GE filter. The GE filter has a RFID tag that is needed for the fridge's electronics to operate the water valve. If no RFID tag, the water valve will not open. We found this out the hard way with purchasing non-OEM water filters on Amazon. Good luck!
Where I park the Seismic underneath a shelter on the side of my barn, it's too tight to extend the slideouts. In two, weeks, we're heading to our next trip. I will confirm the filter is the one you mentioned. The service manager at my dealership says there may be a valve turned off that's behind a drawer.

I have no clue what that means. But I'll be looking behind the fridge drawers and nearby dresser drawers. It's worth a try.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.