Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

rusty gas tank?

Is tank steel? When filling up my quad today I noticed when initially filling up fuel was discolored. Fuel was less than two weeks old. Its a new unit and Ive used the tank 2X. But filled my truck up with it prior to this.

I was thinking of at least adding an inline fuel filter of some sort if I can find one the same diameter of the line going to the pump. Has anyone done this?

Octane 222
flyfishscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:20 AM   #2

My 222 gas comes out the same way. I use the fuel station to fill up my two 2000 generators and they manage to run just fine on it. I thought it was just the old gas that was in it but that makes me wonder if the tanks aren’t of the highest quality. With the other things I’ve noticed I would not be surprised if the tank is rusting already.
Karlburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #3

There was a lot of complaints on this subject about 5 years ago. Might be worth a search. I feel like the issue was ethonal gas reacting with the hoses. But I could easily be wrong.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #4

Gas stations up here run non ethanol everywhere so if that was the case then it would mean the gas up here is not being labeled accurately.
Karlburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishscott View Post
Is tank steel? When filling up my quad today I noticed when initially filling up fuel was discolored. Fuel was less than two weeks old. Its a new unit and Ive used the tank 2X. But filled my truck up with it prior to this.

I was thinking of at least adding an inline fuel filter of some sort if I can find one the same diameter of the line going to the pump. Has anyone done this?

Octane 222
Here’s an inline filter for sediment if you get too fine of screen it’ll effect fuel pressure. I installed this filter on my TV after removing the screens in the tank. Make sure you ONLY use fuel injected rated line and fuel injector hose clamps...no worm clamps!

The picture is of the mock up and finished, it’s mounted on the inside of the frame.... I left extra hose in the event I need to replace the unit, I can simply snip off an 1.5” of hose, replace the housing and reinstall the hoses. The other option is to drop the tank again and that was a PITA!

https://www.racorstore.com/racor-ps1...port-size.html
Attached Thumbnails
B70C466E-A166-4457-8983-4AFCF28E867A.jpg   E599ED8F-D910-44FB-9D1B-306E4803D9E3.jpg