Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
Kmo

Awesome this is good info
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:31 AM   #22
Kmo

So last night I went home lubed up the slide one more time ( since i carried the ladder from the shop and its a heavy fiberglass one) synced the slide a bout 7 times and it seems to be pretty good now, goes all the way in and all the way out, I then added one 2x4 to the back set of jacks and hit the level button and it worked so I guess I am ready for the weekend, thanks all who helped with all your knowledge, really helped me out, hope to return the favor and I am sure will be back with more questions. Thanks all.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:19 AM   #23

I started using these, and no longer had goofy out of stoke issues with my leveling jack. Bonus is a bit less wiggle -
https://shop.andersenhitches.com/pro...ler-jack-block

often you can get a bundle for a decent price on Amazon.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #24
Kmo

Yeah these would be a lot easier than lugging around the big chunks of wood I am presently
Old 05-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #25
Kmo

I went out camping this weekend, slide all lubed up, pull through site, made sure it was level side to side ( no adjustments it was good) blocked the jacks so they only had to move a couple inches hit level and it levelled itself first go, my wife ran the slide out no problem and when we left it all worked the same way, was a good weekend, now I have to order some of those orange blocks I am sure they will be lighter and stack nicer than the 10 " blocks I am carrying around now.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:42 AM   #26

That is good news! It is so much less stressful when things are working correctly. The blocks def are lighter.

If you are ever in a situation where it will be parked in a location for a while, these stabilizers took almost ALL the wiggle out of the unit. It made it very solid, even when the wife is walking around. very solid build on these things too.
https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/
Old 05-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #27
Kmo

Looks like I will have to keep using my wooden blocks for a little while longer, Amazon doesn't have any and Anderson doesn't ship to Manitoba, it seems Amazon is out of a lot of stuff not sure if its Pandemic related or not, they are on my list of things to get, I am not sure I need the side stabilizers, I dont get a lot of movement but will keep them in mind.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #28

2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS. Wednesday (06/02) Tried to extend kitchen slide, extended but when retracting came in at an angle and had to intermittently start/stop slide to retract. Thursday (06/03) To even up the motors, disconnected Motor 1 at Controller (left side of storage compartment above). Activated slide to even up the slide, reconnected motor 1 at controller. Tried to extend, but slide extended starting and stopping. The LED's flash 1 green and 4 red flashes indicating a high voltage. Batteries are 13.2 - 13.5V. Talked to Lippert, they said switch connectors at controller to see if problem follows, also check input voltages to controller, and also check continuity on motor 1 harness (rear). Those will be checked on Friday (6/03). leaving the motor last but it works. At least we have the slide moving out with both motors together but its start/stop because of a high voltage sense for some reason. Possible loose connection will do it. We'll see. Lippert said I might have a bad controller as well (warranty) and they are real good about their warranty (Jayco 2 year). They sent me a hydraulic hose no questions asked for the landing gear 2 months ago. Till tomorrow!
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #29
Kmo

Have you tried re syncing the slide?
Old 06-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmo View Post
Have you tried re syncing the slide?
Cannot sync a slide when it operates intermittently. Start/Stop every 4 inches. The controller trouble codes have to be solved first, then it must be determined if the controller is at fault after running down the wire harnesses, loose grounds if any, correct input voltages to controller. If the slide were to extend without stopping, then syncing is possible. Currently, the slide is within 1/8 inches closed or fully open on each side, both motors work, but the slide starts and stops every four inches with the controller indicating high voltage when the batteries are at 13.5 volts (normal voltage). Lippert is on it also. I hear ya!
Old 09-01-2021, 08:02 AM   #31
Kmo

How did you make out with your slide issues ?
Old 09-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #32

Fixed. It was a broken connection on the miniture circuit board (broken pin) on connector of the slide motor (encoder) end. Vibration broke the pin, you can see it in the connector. I soldered a jumper wire and electrical tape and heat shrink (2 inch) over it. Lippert sent me a new motor and have it stored as a backup.
Attached Thumbnails
Connector1.jpg   MotorEncoderPins.jpg  
Old 09-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #33

Go to SEARCH, then Advance Search, Search by keyword - Solved, Search by user name Edutron. You'll see the posts.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #34
Kmo

Nice that was a good find.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:37 AM   #35

Nowhere.

Lubing the slide helps a bit. I can bare plywood see on the underside of the slide, and the forward slide roller is gouging it. I'll fix it by adding sheet steel over the plywood where the rollers are. Bad design.

It's operational only by creeping it in and out and an inch at a time.
WFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:01 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOracing View Post
Nowhere.

Lubing the slide helps a bit. I can bare plywood see on the underside of the slide, and the forward slide roller is gouging it. I'll fix it by adding sheet steel over the plywood where the rollers are. Bad design.

It's operational only by creeping it in and out and an inch at a time.

The floor on my slide under the refrigerator was doing the same thing. I thought about putting sheet metal on but, since it was still under warranty I took it back to the dealer. They told me it was a problem that Jayco knew about (so why didn't they fix the problem before it became a problem?). Water leaks in and softens the plywood. You can't see a moisture problem until the plywood starts to break up and even then it what I could see didn't look damp. They put a new floor in the upper slide under the refrigerator and and resealed. So, check and make sure you don"t have the same issue.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:26 AM   #37
Kmo

That's some more good info, i will add it to my list of things to keep a eye on. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:29 AM   #38

mine was seeping rainwater via the corner covers, and coming out under the bottom of the slide. When I pulled off the corner cover, there were multiple holes drilled in the corner - for one screw to mount the cover.. Pulled them off, sealed of the corners and ran a fresh bead of sealant down the slide trim. This seems to have solved the issue, as I have not found water underneath since.

I also ran a bead of sealant down the tops of the slide rails, and a small bit to cover the screw tops, just in in case, as that apparently can be a leak point.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:55 AM   #39
Kmo

More Seismic issues

Well at the end of this season my slide once again STB, so I called the jayco dealer, Biggest in Manitoba and I see commercials for them promoting themselves for Sask, Albert and into Ontario, told them I had a slide issue and their response was no we dont feel comfortable working on those slides,?? They are a Jayco dealer and they wont work on my slide, I did buy my camper in Ontario too far to travel for a fix, I thought that was pretty poor service. I ordered the mechanism ( because you cant buy parts for these things. I talked to the service Manager at Portage leisure ( not a Jayco dealer) got the parts sent there and they are willing to fix my slide, I thought that is pretty poor if a jayco dealer wont work on their own product, am I asking too much ?
Old 12-10-2021, 05:04 AM   #40

Seismic 4212 Slide

I myself don't like working on my large slide either. I'm almost resolve at this point to just accept that my slide is overweight, poorly designed and therefore forever be required to bump in clumsily.

I may someday take it to a Jayco Dealer but as you know with a 45 footer one doesn't just "drop it by". Moving the thing anywhere requires a full day in hookup, prep, driving, etc. Maybe it's just me. Don't get me wrong, I really love my Seismic but it 'aint no tent trailer'. So taking it to a dealer only to have them look at it and scratch their head doesn't sound real appealing to me.
WFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote