Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #1

Seismic 4113 questions

I have called 3 dealers today and have got nothing but conflicting information. I am trying to find out if the heat pump option on the AC’s add a heat pump to all 3 or just the one in the living room? I am also trying to find out if the LP coach furnace has a duct in the garage. One dealer did not have a clue. Another dealer said heat pumps in all 3 AC’s and no furnace duct in garage. Another dealer said only living room has heat pump but there is a furnace duct in garage. Why would Jayco insulate the garage but not provide any heating? I sure would like to know what the truth is.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #2

Mine has a single heat duct to the garage area. Did not come with a heat pump unit, that is an option according to the website. I did not come across a unit that had one installed while we were looking for ours.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

Based on the $350 cost for the option guarantee it's only for 1.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Based on the $350 cost for the option guarantee it's only for 1.
Great point.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #5

Another question I have. The third AC option says it is non ducted. However there are ceiling ducts in the garage I believe. Are those ducts attached to the living room and bedroom AC’s I guess?
Old 08-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #6

I guess if the living room ac had a heat pump and the ceiling ducts in the garage were attached to it a little heat could get to the garage that way along with the one duct from the LP furnace??That might make the heat pump option viable??
Old 08-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #7

Can't answer your question now, but added it to my list of questions for when we check out ours on Tuesday.
2PawsRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
Can't answer your question now, but added it to my list of questions for when we check out ours on Tuesday.
Awesome. When you have time let me know what you find out and congrats on your new RV. I saw your questions about the third ac and I think they come framed an pre-wired for the third ac so hopefully adding one would not be too big of a problem.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
I guess if the living room ac had a heat pump and the ceiling ducts in the garage were attached to it a little heat could get to the garage that way along with the one duct from the LP furnace??That might make the heat pump option viable??
Except heat pump and furnace won't/can't run together.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Another question I have. The third AC option says it is non ducted. However there are ceiling ducts in the garage I believe. Are those ducts attached to the living room and bedroom AC’s I guess?
correct
Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Except heat pump and furnace won't/can't run together.
Well so much for that idea. LOL I can’t imagine one heat pump providing a lot of heat to a 45 foot long coach but I guess maybe on a cool fall day or morning just to take the chill off it would be fine. Then if it got serious cold crank up the LP Furnace.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Well so much for that idea. LOL I can’t imagine one heat pump providing a lot of heat to a 45 foot long coach but I guess maybe on a cool fall day or morning just to take the chill off it would be fine. Then if it got serious cold crank up the LP Furnace.
But elec space heaters are your friend, been out in mid teen temps and never ran the furnace.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #13

Our 2017 4113 has 3 AC's. None are heat pumps. We were unaware that a heat pump was on option when we bought it. The center AC is ducted to the bedroom and garage. The one in the garage feeds the garage only. We do not have heat duct from the propane heater to the garage. Jayco may have changed the design for for 2018 or 2019 and included a duct to the garage but would doubt if for safety reasons. Duct work for AC is in the ceiling and duct work for propane heater is under the floor. I am not certain but, I believe with the gen fuel tank and the aux fuel tank under the garage, there is no room for the duct. Plus for safety reasons, if you were to have fuel leak on one of your toys, fuel could run into the duct, reaching the heater, creating a fire hazard.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
Our 2017 4113 has 3 AC's. None are heat pumps. We were unaware that a heat pump was on option when we bought it. The center AC is ducted to the bedroom and garage. The one in the garage feeds the garage only. We do not have heat duct from the propane heater to the garage. Jayco may have changed the design for for 2018 or 2019 and included a duct to the garage but would doubt if for safety reasons. Duct work for AC is in the ceiling and duct work for propane heater is under the floor. I am not certain but, I believe with the gen fuel tank and the aux fuel tank under the garage, there is no room for the duct. Plus for safety reasons, if you were to have fuel leak on one of your toys, fuel could run into the duct, reaching the heater, creating a fire hazard.
I am not sure because I don’t own one yet but I believe the furnace duct for the garage may come up into the forward wall and have an outlet in the wall instead of the floor. Hopefully someone that has one with the furnace duct in the garage can confirm this. However, I guess if fumes were bad enough they could get into a wall duct also. I can’t imagine ever running the furnace though until toys were unloaded and garage converted into a bedroom. Sure would be nice though to have a second heat pump in the garage AC or even in all 3 units.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #15

Quote:
I am not sure because I don’t own one yet but I believe the furnace duct for the garage may come up into the forward wall and have an outlet in the wall instead of the floor. Hopefully someone that has one with the furnace duct in the garage can confirm this. However, I guess if fumes were bad enough they could get into a wall duct also. I can’t imagine ever running the furnace though until toys were unloaded and garage converted into a bedroom. Sure would be nice though to have a second heat pump in the garage AC or even in all 3 units.
This is exactly how it is routed in our unit, pretty much dead center of the wall.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #16

I have the 4114. Three ACs and no heat pump. There is a furnace vent in the forward wall. I used it earlier this year when the temps were cooler. Needed to run the furnace at night to take the chill off. The single vent was not enough to heat that cave. So I bought an electric heater to use this fall/winter. Should be enough. But if not, the propane heaters out of the deer stand will definitely heat it up. But that third AC will allow you to hang meat in there if you need to!!
asahoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahoffman View Post
I have the 4114. Three ACs and no heat pump. There is a furnace vent in the forward wall. I used it earlier this year when the temps were cooler. Needed to run the furnace at night to take the chill off. The single vent was not enough to heat that cave. So I bought an electric heater to use this fall/winter. Should be enough. But if not, the propane heaters out of the deer stand will definitely heat it up. But that third AC will allow you to hang meat in there if you need to!!
Thanks for the info. I will definitely want the third AC. My hope is with the heat pump option and the electric fireplace it will be enough heat for early fall mornings in the South. Then maybe the furnace will be enough for late fall in the south. Then on those hunting trips out west with company using the cave as a bedroom, supplemental space heaters to do the job. ASAHOFFMAN I am curious what year model you have because it seems some folks have the one furnace duct in the garage and some have none??
Old 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will definitely want the third AC. My hope is with the heat pump option and the electric fireplace it will be enough heat for early fall mornings in the South. Then maybe the furnace will be enough for late fall in the south. Then on those hunting trips out west with company using the cave as a bedroom, supplemental space heaters to do the job. ASAHOFFMAN I am curious what year model you have because it seems some folks have the one furnace duct in the garage and some have none??
I have a 2017. Brand new but the 2019s were on the way so they made one hell of a deal!!
asahoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:36 PM   #19

That is correct. The ducts to the garage barely had air coming out running both AC Units. The third AC if added goes right in the spot where the fan is located and dumps straight into the garage.

The two front AC units are ducted. Loved how quiet they were, not impressed with performance. Techs even said direct feed is much more effective.
2PawsRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #20

Does anyone have the dishwasher? I'd like to see a picture of a difference in the plumbing and where the electrical hookup is. Thanks
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote