Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #1

Seismic 4113 Raised Kitchen gets US Patent

From RV Business: Jayco Awarded U.S. Patent for Seismic 4113 Raised Kitchen.

Jayco Inc., a Middlebury, Ind.-based subsidiary of THOR Industries Inc., today (April 13) announced that it has received US Patent No. D898,624, which claims a design for a raised kitchen in a fifth-wheel RV.

https://rvbusiness.com/jayco-awarded...aised-kitchen/
Old 04-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #2

Nice, but at almost 21,000# Gross it's a bit much for my Tundra, plus it's over 100 Grand more than I paid for my TT.

https://www.jayco.com/products/toy-h...-seismic/4113/

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #3

they are roomy. kitchen has a lot of counter space to prep a real meal. hassle to park though...
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:18 AM   #4

Hello, we purchased our first trailer last week. We bought the 4113 Seismic Toy Hauler. We are newbies at camping and first time fifth wheel owners. We will be parking it permanently in a campsite near Alberta Canada. If anyone has any helpful suggestions or warnings on what to watch for... we would appreciate your advice.
DonandBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:23 AM   #5

If it is going to be in the cold permanently, lots of areas to review -

heating ducting - check the taping, etc. Mine was haphazard
Holes in the basement floor - the holes in the basement floor for pipes, etc to the tank were MUCH larger than the pipes, letting in a large volume of cold air. I ended up removing the basement walls to get to all of them, filling the holes with insulation and/or soft foam.
Basement area around furnace - in mine the wrap/sealing material in the basement area around the furnace was not installed correctly. it was hanging down making an open hole into the underbelly, resulting in a huge amount of cold air flooding into the unit from the air grate next to the stairs. I had to 'finish' the installation of the wrap, and added two layers of foam/foil insulation layers there. This made a very noticeable change in comfort in the living room.
Underbelly - a few items there. First is the underbelly on many of these is not sealed up toward the back of the unit. There is a gap at the leading edge of the frame for the generator tank. This gap floods the underbelly with cold air. If you pull down the rear of the coroplast, you will see the gap at the top where the frame meets the floor. Easy to seal up with some insulation material to help keep the warm air in the underbelly area.
Also, suggest adding additional layers of reflecting insulation in the underbelly to help keep heat in the area.
Suggest wrapping the water pipes with foam insulation. Also, use some foam to fill holes around the edges of the coroplast, and foil tape to seal up holes around the perimeter of the frame, such as below the main slide.
Skirting - if this will be permanently installed, def suggest looking at skirting options to keep cold from getting under the unit.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #6

also, for cargo and patio doors, and patio area - get some sealant such as proflex, and seal around the doors, inside and out. The doors on mine were not sealed. Def dont want water getting into the doors. Also, the patio wall, etc. on mine was not sealed at all, so def want to have that sealed in place in case the patio is left open in the rain.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:28 AM   #7

Thank you

Appreciate the tips
DonandBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:33 AM   #8

these will make the unit very stable, with almost no wiggle once put in place -

Andersen jack blocks - https://shop.andersenhitches.com/pro...ler-jack-block

The Rock Stabilizers - https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/

After getting these, my unit has almost no perceptible wiggle, very stable.