Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #21

Unhappy Came close to buying the Seismic 4212

This was a close call. After months of research and shopping I narrowed my Next Purchase to the 2016 Seismic 4212. Have an appt. with the Dealer to purchase the 4212 tomorrow . After shocked on reading all your posts I am cancelling my purchase appt. and back to shopping for my next rig. So bummed this unit is not the quality I thought it would be.
donlee333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #22

We love our's. A few small, easily fixed issues. ..Would do it all over again if I had the change...You'll find NO 5er or TH that won't have some issues, no matter the brand name or the price....I've found this out having purchased new TT's and 5er's over the last 25 years..before that I usually bought used...You won't find one that is perfect...not going to happen....and if Jayco's Quality wasn't "that" good, I'd doubt they'd offer a 2 yr warranty on their product...most only offer a 1 year warranty.

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #23

Slide came completely out,
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160520_205514424_iOS.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	24204
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24205
We have complained for months that the main slide was not operating properly. CW keep saying it was normal. Finally they were operating in the shop and the whole thing failed. Took 8 people to get it in this far............ our troubles continue
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #24

Sorry to hear of the problem, but at least it happened again at the right time.
Hopefully that puts a fire under someone's butt to get action ASAP.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #25

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1464373196
We have had a lot of issues with the push pull pins on the leveling legs shearing off and bending.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1464373196
Also the fuse located in the battery compartment had to be changed out from a OEM 50 amp to a 80 amp resettable. It left us stranded with dead batteries.
The tv mount in the bedroom that comes out od the dresser completely off the wall. They missed the studs...........
Attached Thumbnails
20151007_211221049_iOS.jpg   20151001_154158037_iOS.jpg   20150726_224703819_iOS.jpg  
Attached Images

2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #26

I bought my Seismic 4212 just over a year ago and thought that if I spent this much money on a camper I would get more quality. I was dead wrong. I have had issues with the main (living room) slide from day one. I picked it up from dealer which is 9 hours from where I live. Got it home and was about to use it when the slide would not go all the way in. It was still sticking out over a foot. I had to have a mobile repair service come out to work on it. Got it working but was still very slow. I took it on first trip and ended up having to physically push the slide in while holding the button (luckily it came with a remote). I was able to do this on a couple trips before it was too difficult to move at all. It is really embarrassing when people are admiring your camper and you have to say, "Can you come help me push this slide in?" So I call my local Jayco dealer for warranty repair and the first thing they ask is if I bought the camper from them. Well I didn't so they tell me they are booked and they don't make appointments and to call back in a month. This went on for 3 months until they finally told me that they would not work on it because I did not buy it from them. This is a Jayco authorized dealer!! (Hope's Camper in Monroe, LA) So I called Jayco to file a complaint and was told they could not do anything about it. I ended up having to take it to another Jayco dealer 2 hours away. After 2 months of being work on and every mechanical part of the slide being replaced (system board, motors, tracks) they said it had been fixed. It still did not fix the problem. On the second use at the campground I couldn't get the slide to go in all the way. Luckily it went in far enough to pull home. I now found that the slide has ripped part of the floor up in the kitchen. It is now worse than before. So I am back at square one with the same problem and now damage to the camper. I don't know if all campers are having this problem or I just got the lemon. We will see what Jayco is going to do to solve the problem. They have been very nice so far but not very helpful. At this point I would expect them to step up and replace the camper but I know better than that. Right now I just have an $85K piece of scrap metal that can't be used.
krkenned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkenned View Post
I bought my Seismic 4212 just over a year ago and thought that if I spent this much money on a camper I would get more quality. I was dead wrong. I have had issues with the main (living room) slide from day one. I picked it up from dealer which is 9 hours from where I live. Got it home and was about to use it when the slide would not go all the way in. It was still sticking out over a foot. I had to have a mobile repair service come out to work on it. Got it working but was still very slow. I took it on first trip and ended up having to physically push the slide in while holding the button (luckily it came with a remote). I was able to do this on a couple trips before it was too difficult to move at all. It is really embarrassing when people are admiring your camper and you have to say, "Can you come help me push this slide in?" So I call my local Jayco dealer for warranty repair and the first thing they ask is if I bought the camper from them. Well I didn't so they tell me they are booked and they don't make appointments and to call back in a month. This went on for 3 months until they finally told me that they would not work on it because I did not buy it from them. This is a Jayco authorized dealer!! (Hope's Camper in Monroe, LA) So I called Jayco to file a complaint and was told they could not do anything about it. I ended up having to take it to another Jayco dealer 2 hours away. After 2 months of being work on and every mechanical part of the slide being replaced (system board, motors, tracks) they said it had been fixed. It still did not fix the problem. On the second use at the campground I couldn't get the slide to go in all the way. Luckily it went in far enough to pull home. I now found that the slide has ripped part of the floor up in the kitchen. It is now worse than before. So I am back at square one with the same problem and now damage to the camper. I don't know if all campers are having this problem or I just got the lemon. We will see what Jayco is going to do to solve the problem. They have been very nice so far but not very helpful. At this point I would expect them to step up and replace the camper but I know better than that. Right now I just have an $85K piece of scrap metal that can't be used.
Ours has been in shop since May 1 when the slide completely failed, I have had to push on it for a year to get it in. 300:1 motors are not heavy enough to move this slide in and out. Jayco is replacing with 500:1 and more rollers. Outriggers were bent also. parts arrived 2 weeks ago, only sent one side. The rest of the parts got here yesterday, going to check on it now. We canceled our trip to Alaska due to this constant issues with this T/H. We have no trust left with this unit. It has been in shop now 9 months of ownership of 14 months we have had it.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
The porcelain foot flush toilets have an interior valve that will leak water through the toilet to the base and will continue to leak or continually run until fully depressurized. If the connections aren't leaking, that could be a possible cause. Also, your plumbing has "vents" usually located up under a sink to prevent a vacuum from forming. Make sure these aren't obstructed and are functioning properly.

I had this issue on my brand new unit, but not the toy hauler. Was driving me nuts because I kept getting the water from the bottom of the pedestal. I new it wasn't the holding tank since there was no water when looking down the main pipe with the foot valve open. Since the dealer couldn't do anything for awhile I pulled the toilet. In the rear of the toilet is where the spray nozzle is mounted. There was a very fine hair line cracked in the nozzle just after where the rubber hose is clamped. After talking to a service person, I guess I'm not the first with the same problem in a new unit. Just impossible to see without removal of the toilet. Just something further you can check out....
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #29
Site Team

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors, products or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #30

Sesimic 4212 Slide Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkenned View Post
here's the link http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post433049
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #31

Update: I stated that the upgraded High Torque H frame 500:1 motors shaft bearing blocks and gears solved our problem...…….failed again. Extended warranty paying $2500 with out of pocket @ $600 nice......
Old 02-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #32

I’m glad I got the extended warranty too.
$2500 and $50 out of my pocket.
When it fails again (which I’m expecting), they can pay again. I have 4 more years.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #33

Good Luck with your extended warranty ours is Good Sam and it is terrible what they pay for and wont.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #34

Who’s warranty did you get? Do you like it?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
Me?
What ever my dealer was selling at the time. I’m in Canada. The Warranty is from British Columbia.
$1900CAD 7 years. I get my money back if I don’t use it.. but I used it.Twice.

My dealer told me (on my second time using it) that the warranty company doesn’t cover the cost of shipping parts anymore. I had 2 parts that came in separate boxes from the same distributor (LCI). Shipping was $110. Could have been put in one shipping box.
I said WTF!!
Dealer service writer said that’s how it is now. (Within 2 months of me using the warranty the first time with no shipping fees)

I called the warranty people, and they said no...shipping is covered of course.
Looks like the office folks at the dealer just made it up.
I wonder how many other customers got burned and never questioned it.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
We bought the Good Sam -Assurance Extended Warranty. 7 years $100/$50 deductible. It was leaving us hanging for $1600 out of pocket. I started BLOWING UP social media yesterday, I tweeted, I blog, I went to a bunch of RV forums and posted my displeasure. I received a PM from the Good Sam Forum this morning concerning the issue, it was from ESP guy from Good Sam.
I responded and 20 minutes later phone rang and issue was resolved with NO out of pocket $.
Done parts ordered and they fixing and we pay $00000000
Old 02-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #37

Love to hear that! We bought food Sam's. Just not throu dealer. Ok, untrue. We did throu dealer. Cancel, and bought direct. Was the same but different. We had a flexible deductible. Can make it high during the months we r not using so much and lower, if we choose, during busy months. Nice option for sure....
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote