Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #1

Seismic 4212 patios and sliders

I've read a few posts indicating problems with patios sagging and sliders not working. Anyone know if the problems been addressed with the 2019 models?
Looking to buy one but comparing to a Keystone Fuzion 424.
thank you.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by villui View Post
I've read a few posts indicating problems with patios sagging and sliders not working. Anyone know if the problems been addressed with the 2019 models?
Looking to buy one but comparing to a Keystone Fuzion 424.
thank you.
Don’t buy a Jayco
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:09 PM   #3

Have you been on any other trailer pages? They ALL have problems. It's not limited to Jayco
neil11975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by villui View Post
I've read a few posts indicating problems with patios sagging and sliders not working.
I have read of patio sagging due to rotting wood. Then the industry started using Challenger ramps which have no wood. Whatever you are looking at you probably want to make sure that it's a ramp and patio with no wood in it.

I have owned jayco, but did not buy a jayco toyhauler. I purchased a heartland toyhauler but still hang around this site. There are frustrated owners of all RV makers. Not just jayco. I don't know if Jayco patio doors still have wood in them. My patio door has a Challenger sticker on it so I know it does not have wood. When shopping, take a look at what ramp door it has.

Also I would suggest lowering your expectation of the quality of all RV's in this price range. It's normal for folks to spend $60K plus on a new toy hauler and have nightmare problems. If you do buy new, just mentally prepare that you could have problems too. There are a lot of new RV owners how are happy with no major issues.

If you cannot stomach spending $60, $70, $80,000 on a new RV and have it sitting for months at a dealer waiting for waranty work, then I would suggest looking at used toy haulers. Many are well maintained and you have as good of luck with those any any new one, just cost less upfront.

Also, I think any new RV owner storta has to become an RV repair man. We have been happy with our toy hauler. No major issues have come up (yet). But there is always something needing maintenance or repair. Our camper is a 2017 model and in the past year I have; re-sealed part of the roof, replaced the outdoor speakers because the cone separated from the speaker frame which would allow water inside; repaired 2 of the air conditioners using that foil tape because the baffle inside failed, changed the generator engine oil, re-attached the sink which was poorly mounted to the counter from the factory, had to dis-assable some tubing on the water heater where a spider had a web that was blocking airflow for the propane to efficiently burn which caused the flame to burn up the side of the water heater.

Anyway, there is always something even with normal working campers.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #5

Wood ramps

Hi: thanks for all the info. Where/how do i find out if the patio ramps are made out of wood? What is a Challenger sticker?
thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboy View Post
I have read of patio sagging due to rotting wood. Then the industry started using Challenger ramps which have no wood. Whatever you are looking at you probably want to make sure that it's a ramp and patio with no wood in it.

I have owned jayco, but did not buy a jayco toyhauler. I purchased a heartland toyhauler but still hang around this site. There are frustrated owners of all RV makers. Not just jayco. I don't know if Jayco patio doors still have wood in them. My patio door has a Challenger sticker on it so I know it does not have wood. When shopping, take a look at what ramp door it has.

Also I would suggest lowering your expectation of the quality of all RV's in this price range. It's normal for folks to spend $60K plus on a new toy hauler and have nightmare problems. If you do buy new, just mentally prepare that you could have problems too. There are a lot of new RV owners how are happy with no major issues.

If you cannot stomach spending $60, $70, $80,000 on a new RV and have it sitting for months at a dealer waiting for waranty work, then I would suggest looking at used toy haulers. Many are well maintained and you have as good of luck with those any any new one, just cost less upfront.

Also, I think any new RV owner storta has to become an RV repair man. We have been happy with our toy hauler. No major issues have come up (yet). But there is always something needing maintenance or repair. Our camper is a 2017 model and in the past year I have; re-sealed part of the roof, replaced the outdoor speakers because the cone separated from the speaker frame which would allow water inside; repaired 2 of the air conditioners using that foil tape because the baffle inside failed, changed the generator engine oil, re-attached the sink which was poorly mounted to the counter from the factory, had to dis-assable some tubing on the water heater where a spider had a web that was blocking airflow for the propane to efficiently burn which caused the flame to burn up the side of the water heater.

Anyway, there is always something even with normal working campers.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #6

Hi: thanks for all the info. Where/how do i find out if the patio ramps are made out of wood? What is a Challenger sticker?
thanks again.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #7

Mine is a challenger door. Not sure if the inside is wood. 2016 model. Patio is sagging. Second time it's done this. Jayco says they won't help.
snubber is offline   Reply With Quote