Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
Kmo

Seismic

Anyone know where the slide control is mounted on a 2107 Seismic 4213 ? Having more slide issues and want to save some time searching for it when I get home from work, Thanks.
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #2

mine is in the basement, about a foot from the driver side basement door, mounted up to the underside of the bedroom floor. That said, mine is a 4113, so location may be a bit different.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
Kmo

That will be where I start looking, more slide issues, I had both drives out and looked them over that part all seems good and both drives ( motors) run, just doesnt seem to be working together so have to see if its flashing a code, I hate this slide I am serously thinking about fixing the slide and selling this camper, I really like having a toy hauler mu old Talon was bullet proof, I am starting to really miss it.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:18 PM   #4

sorry to hear that. Is it a synch issue where they arent moving together, or some other issue?

To be transparent - I pretty much hated my 4113 the first 18 months I had it. I ended up getting a spot somewhere and living in it for 6 weeks. Work during the day, then work on the camper a few hours each day to get through it, since CW is useless.

Now that the market is 'hot', I think about selling it, but then think about just having it all finally working....torn....if I bought another one and it was like this one, dont think I could take it.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #5
Kmo

I hear you, I have so far been able to fix everything on it from suspension parts to front pins, plumbing issues and I know there are more that need to be fixed, was supposed t be a retirement home for me but I don't think it reliable enough to be travelling great distances, and this slide is a major issue, I have had it all apart and the only way I see to make it somewhat reliable is loose the computer part of it and hook the motors up so the operate off a single switch or possible two switches if you need to synch it, I am thinking about unhooking the motors and seein how hard it is to push in and out, may resort to doing that, it would really make a lot of people take note in the campgrounds when they see someone pushing their slide in and out, word would spread fast what crap they are building and we keep buying, there are so many things i think I can fix and live with but just not sure about this slide. its like one slide is running faster than the other, I did ( me and my wife) pushed it in and it did go in fairly easy and I did see a video of others pushing theirs in then reconnecting the motor so the brake hold it on.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
Kmo

Found that controller in about a foot attached to the front inner wall, had to disassemble the basement to get to it.