Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2018, 03:29 PM   #1

Seismic Landing Gear Undersized?

Arrived at our current stop and unhitched from the TV and tried to level. As it is going through the auto level the RF jack is making a strange noise.

The control panel gave an "out of stroke" code (just when I thought I had the system figured out). So, I tried to do a reset to clear the code and I then get a FR jack error. So I trouble shoot per the manual which says to check all wiring and harnesses and connections. I can't fine anything. The control pad keeps giving the FR jack error and won't let me do much anything else. I finally got the coach level manually. Called an RV tech to take a look at it and he says the RF jack is bent. So, I ask what would cause it to bend. He claims he has replaced jacks on 8 or 9 Seismics and feels that they are just undersized for the weight of the coach and should have been built with a hydraulic system. So, if I don't want to keep having problems I need to upgrade my leveling system? And if I don't want to have problems with my suspension, I need to upgrade that also? I would have gladly paid more upfront not to have these problems and all the aggravation.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
Arrived at our current stop and unhitched from the TV and tried to level. As it is going through the auto level the RF jack is making a strange noise.

The control panel gave an "out of stroke" code (just when I thought I had the system figured out). So, I tried to do a reset to clear the code and I then get a FR jack error. So I trouble shoot per the manual which says to check all wiring and harnesses and connections. I can't fine anything. The control pad keeps giving the FR jack error and won't let me do much anything else. I finally got the coach level manually. Called an RV tech to take a look at it and he says the RF jack is bent. So, I ask what would cause it to bend. He claims he has replaced jacks on 8 or 9 Seismics and feels that they are just undersized for the weight of the coach and should have been built with a hydraulic system. So, if I don't want to keep having problems I need to upgrade my leveling system? And if I don't want to have problems with my suspension, I need to upgrade that also? I would have gladly paid more upfront not to have these problems and all the aggravation.
Don’t you wish you had read my posts the last 4 years before buying a Sesimic?
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #3

I had a similar issue on my North point. The worm gear inside was binding causing the RF error. It would moan and groan like it was underpowered. Then one day when trying to setup, it broke. Scared the crap out of me. Thought the trailer was going to fall over on me. Luckily it only dropped about 6”. So I got a replacement leg and motor and swapped it out. Haven’t had a single problem since.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote