Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Seismic problems

Hi all, well the Jayco bugs are out in force this year. After breaking our second spring loaded pull pins on the landing legs, we are second guessing our decision to buy our 4113. Lippert themselves tell me that the seismic toy haulers are too heavy for the gci 3.0 system. To include the jacks, and landing legs. I am no getting replacement legs courtesy of Lippert. But they will certainly only last so long. The holes are actually elongated on the original ones. I plan on contacting Jayco tomorrow to address this with them. Anyone have this issue? Or how about the wonderful entry door rubbing on the cylinder that is mounted in the jamb at the bottom of said door?
Seismic Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seismic Owners View Post
Hi all, well the Jayco bugs are out in force this year. After breaking our second spring loaded pull pins on the landing legs, we are second guessing our decision to buy our 4113. Lippert themselves tell me that the seismic toy haulers are too heavy for the gci 3.0 system. To include the jacks, and landing legs. I am no getting replacement legs courtesy of Lippert. But they will certainly only last so long. The holes are actually elongated on the original ones. I plan on contacting Jayco tomorrow to address this with them. Anyone have this issue? Or how about the wonderful entry door rubbing on the cylinder that is mounted in the jamb at the bottom of said door?

The sheared pins seem to be a known issue. I’ve read many people use a second pin as a safety measure. Do a quick search and you’ll find others reporting similar issues with the GC 3.0

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #3

Definitely a known issue with the landing gear. You may also want to look at this post as i have seen more than one case of suspension failure:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ger-64237.html
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #4

Yes, one of many known issues of Sesimic. Pins are a huge safety hazard, front legs will fail due to weight, Schwintek slide system failures, suspension failures, cracked fiberglass at bedroom slide, and on and on......if used as manufacturer description it will fail repeatedly.
Attached Thumbnails
6158DC8A-12E3-469B-9EBD-EC6E948872AC.jpg   ECE1E9AF-4C83-40B2-8E55-FE6A82DA738B.jpg   6CFCD005-9043-4D69-B3DB-4CD10D6A8487.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #5

Yes i have seen that you have had multiple issues for sure. We have a 355W and so far have not had slide issues or suspension problems however i am going to have the spring hangers reinforced if we are keeping this unit long term. I have seen another post of a 355W that had the issue just like you did. I agree... if you use as intended these rigs do not seem to stand up well. I know every manufacturer is not perfect but with what i have seen and what they cost the quality and engineering should be better than this. We had to have our rear door replaced and ceiling fixed in 2 areas under warranty as I noticed it was starting to sag.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #6

We did. One broke, they send me a pair and I replaced both. 2017 Seismic 412.
Carlos & Ranae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #7

You need to carry at least 2 sets of push/pull pins for a Seismic, they break easily. Just broke one Monday
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seismic Owners View Post
I know this is 2019 post but we just had our push pin failure. Two days ago. Did you get any reply from Lippert or Jayco?
JohnGraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #9

I use a pair of these in the hole immediately below the stock pin, just in case - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:52 PM   #10

I am close to placing an order for a new 2021 Seismic 4212 this week. Are these push pins you speak of on the front landing gear? If so, it looks like these have been redone on the new models.
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #11

The new ones dont have this issue, as they converted to hydraulic systems for the 2020 model year. This is related to the older units with electric leveling system.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #12

Just looking to see what model this was and jayco's site has 'top of the line' and 'no corners cut here' Sounds like that may not always have been true with the issues mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
topOline.jpg  
Old 02-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #13

They are all built in the same place, using most of the same parts. Biggest build variance is who worked that day. Judging by my experience, mine was built on a Fri afternoon before a long weekend...

That said, we really like the floorplan and it is comfortable to use for long periods.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #14

I was a long time loyal Jayco customer until I sold my 08 Designer and got into the class A diesel market 10 years ago or so. Before that I had other Jayco trailers and loved them all. Now with lifestyle changes and kids the big bus just does not make sense for sleeping arrangements and other kids coming along, taking the golf cart and so on. So naturally I want to go back to Jayco but I am wondering if they are the same Jayco? I know about the Thor purchase but did they really mess with their production? Nobody seems to have any 21 model 4212 Seismics on their lot so I can't just go see one other than YouTube. If I want to get this production cycle and receive it by mid May I have to order in next day or so. Luckily I do have an amazing dealer that has always taken care of me.
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #15

Are they better than the 'average' RV build these days? Consensus seems to be yes. Jayco and Grand Design seem to have the best reputation among the mass market units.

Are they the same quality you had in your prior unit? Hard to say. I would probably go with a 'no', but it really depends on the team that built the unit that day. Some people have very few issues. I wasn't that lucky, but that doesn't mean they are all built poorly. I would just go into it expecting a different approach to build, etc. and not have expectations based on your prior unit. Even the variance in quality/construction between a class A and a 5th wheel can be pretty large.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #16
Kmo

pins

I took the old spring pins and cut out the welds, installed hardened pins in mine, havent had any more problems but I beleive that the failures led to the slide issues, having the slide out and then have the camper drop makes a big bang and soon after the second failure I had slide issues, if I can fix this I am sure the engineers could come up with a better pin system.
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #17

Take a look at the Tifton 5 th wheel trailer they make. Very good trailer..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote