Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #1

Seismic vs. Momentum vs. Fuzion

Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on quality when comparing these units?
In the market to purchase one in the next few months.

(You can add Cyclone or Voltage. I don’t know their model numbers that have the side patio)

Thank you in advance.
Jsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsummit View Post
Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on quality when comparing these units?
In the market to purchase one in the next few months.

(You can add Cyclone or Voltage. I don’t know their model numbers that have the side patio)

Thank you in advance.
I looked at purchasing a toy hauler before I purchased the 377. If I had, it would have been the Momentum. No saying one is better than the other I just liked the looks of the Momentum.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:48 PM   #3

I have seen the Momentum, Seismic, and Fuzion. I've owned trailers from Jayco and Heartland. I currently have a Heartland Road Warrior Toy Hauler. Cyclone has a 4270, Road Warrior has a 4275, both with a side patio. I've been on the forums. You can find positive and negative reviews on all these trailers.

To me, they all look like the roll off the same assembly line. I read all kids of issues with Jayco and Heartland RV's. It looks like they are all manufactured to meet high production goals and are all equally susceptible to the same issues. They all look like they use many of the same parts and components. Like frame, axles, mechanical systems, toilets, roof coverings, ramp doors, etc.

Each buyer has their own personal preferences so the quality differences I think come down to personal preferences. In some ways you can't go wrong with any of these models. And in other ways you can't go right either. None are immune to defect or issues. For example, when I was shopping a few years ago, Jayco leveling system was getting some poor reviews on their toy haulers (and some larger 5th wheels), essentially it was not strong enough. More recently with the Heartland toy hauler I am reading a lot of owners who are having cracking in the side wall of their units.

I like the approach where you pick out a floor plan you like (cuz they all have a similar floor plan option). Then you go find that floor plan at a dealers lot in your region. See if you still like it. Plus go to the RV shows to go look and feel as many competitors as you can. The RV show won't have all the exact makes and model you want, but you should see the pattern of quality.

Aside from the 'fit and finish' quality, you can get a better idea of what features you want. I liked the hydraulic leveling system. At that time, Seismic only had electric leveling. I also liked the hydraulic slides which seemed faster than the electric. Some units come standard with a generator, others don't. We wanted a king bed, so that also influenced our decision.

Other than some manufacturers seem to have more markup than others, I think they all offer a pretty similar product when you are comparing similar trim levels. Like Heartland makes 4 toy haulers. 2 are their top line models, 2 are their lower models. If you are comparing similar caliber units with similar features, they can be hard to differentiate.

If jayco still has a 2 year warranty, I do like that. But I don't think it's worth paying more for. Even with these things costing $70k+ new, there are still some silly quality issues people have. So I would go into a new RV purchase expecting these issues. You didn't mention if this is your first RV, but if it is I would also recommend looking at used units. Normally your first RV is your best guess at what you like, then you upgrade or change your mind later. A nice used trailer can often have all the 'bugs' worked out of it and you don't have to eat all that depreciation from the new trailer.

Sorry for rambling... Happy shopping!
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboy View Post
I have seen the Momentum, Seismic, and Fuzion. I've owned trailers from Jayco and Heartland. I currently have a Heartland Road Warrior Toy Hauler. Cyclone has a 4270, Road Warrior has a 4275, both with a side patio. I've been on the forums. You can find positive and negative reviews on all these trailers.

To me, they all look like the roll off the same assembly line. I read all kids of issues with Jayco and Heartland RV's. It looks like they are all manufactured to meet high production goals and are all equally susceptible to the same issues. They all look like they use many of the same parts and components. Like frame, axles, mechanical systems, toilets, roof coverings, ramp doors, etc.

Each buyer has their own personal preferences so the quality differences I think come down to personal preferences. In some ways you can't go wrong with any of these models. And in other ways you can't go right either. None are immune to defect or issues. For example, when I was shopping a few years ago, Jayco leveling system was getting some poor reviews on their toy haulers (and some larger 5th wheels), essentially it was not strong enough. More recently with the Heartland toy hauler I am reading a lot of owners who are having cracking in the side wall of their units.

I like the approach where you pick out a floor plan you like (cuz they all have a similar floor plan option). Then you go find that floor plan at a dealers lot in your region. See if you still like it. Plus go to the RV shows to go look and feel as many competitors as you can. The RV show won't have all the exact makes and model you want, but you should see the pattern of quality.

Aside from the 'fit and finish' quality, you can get a better idea of what features you want. I liked the hydraulic leveling system. At that time, Seismic only had electric leveling. I also liked the hydraulic slides which seemed faster than the electric. Some units come standard with a generator, others don't. We wanted a king bed, so that also influenced our decision.

Other than some manufacturers seem to have more markup than others, I think they all offer a pretty similar product when you are comparing similar trim levels. Like Heartland makes 4 toy haulers. 2 are their top line models, 2 are their lower models. If you are comparing similar caliber units with similar features, they can be hard to differentiate.

If jayco still has a 2 year warranty, I do like that. But I don't think it's worth paying more for. Even with these things costing $70k+ new, there are still some silly quality issues people have. So I would go into a new RV purchase expecting these issues. You didn't mention if this is your first RV, but if it is I would also recommend looking at used units. Normally your first RV is your best guess at what you like, then you upgrade or change your mind later. A nice used trailer can often have all the 'bugs' worked out of it and you don't have to eat all that depreciation from the new trailer.

Sorry for rambling... Happy shopping!
I'd echo this post. I don't have the side patio version (mine's a 4114), but we looked at the momentum brand version of ours. The rear bathroom wasn't laid out as well and Jayco clearly had better compartment doors and placement. The momentum door would contact the front compartment door if it was open. I'd walk through every one and crawl under them as well.

Brian

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #5

X3, Well said.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:32 AM   #6

i digress, but, why do all the Jayco TH model names sound like they can only be said in a rumbly voice following the words "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY"?

"SUNDAY-SUNDAY-SUNDAY-------ONE DAY ONLY-----THIS 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND......PREPARE TO BE ANNIHILATED.....COME DOWN TO THE ________ ARENA AND SEE SEISMIC TAKE ON FUZIOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN, SPECIAL APPEARANCE BY OCTAAAAAAAANE......ALL AGES WELCOME.....YOU WILL BE AMAZED, ALL LOSERS WILL BE CRUSSSSSSHHED HARD CORE TO THE EXTREME"

supercraig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #7

Good one!
Jsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #8

Instead of the 4212 check out the Seismic 4113. Our dealership had both, and we chose the 4113. The layout was 100% better in our opinion. I love the kitchen difference. and TV placement, and how the loft is (when you have 3 kids that matters). we are ok with losing the shower in the back we still have a bath. Overall, we felt its a better unit for us. As others have said sit in them, and try them out to see. we spent 30 mins in each one, and really it was no contest. BTW we are happy with our Seismic 4113 purchase although, its only been 2 months, and one trip.
jonesey98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #9

We spent have a day play camping before we bought ours! And invited up a couple friends with their kids so we knew how it functions with guest!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote