Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #1

Seismic Wave slide problem

Hello, new to the forum and just returned home from Yellowstone with our Seismic Wave 355W and 2 full dress motorcycles in the garage. Our sofa slide out began giving us some trouble along the way and after getting home it seems to be completely out of sequence. Does anyone know where Jayco has hidden the control box for the sofa slide? Thanks in advance for any help.
2lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #2

On our 2017 Jayco 310W Seismic Wave, the control box is above the storage compartment on the trailer side opposite the door. There is a trap door above the storage compartment that you can remove from inside the storage compartment. Hope this helps.
La Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #3

Thank you, for the reply. I found it above the storage compartment yesterday and got my couch slide working again. Not sure I’m going to like this Schwintek slide system.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #4

We have a 355W also and had problems with the couch slide. Jayco replaced the slide motors, gears and shaft under warranty. Hope the replacement parts hold up.
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #5

Thanks Bayou, I’m afraid I might be going down that road as well. We just returned from a 4200 mile two week road trip and it acted up several times. I have it working now but don’t have much confidence in it. It is under warranty but I hate leaving it at the dealership for no telling how long.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:29 AM   #6

When I first began having an issue with the slide, I called Schwintek and the Tech told me it was very important to always open or close the slide completely and to hold the button for a couple of seconds after the slide stopped moving. several times, I only opened the slide enough to squeeze by. According to the tech, that action allowed the motors to get out of sync. When it finally failed and I bypassed it, I was surprised at how little effort it takes to move the slide in or out. I have only used it a couple of times since the slide was repaired so we will see this fall how well it works. And yes, my 355 spent several weeks at Dixie waiting to be repaired.
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 AM   #7

Schwintek woes

I think what you said about fully opening and closing the slide with a Schwintek system is very important. We would sometime just open it enough to get to the fridge and I believe this started our problems. I wish the dealership had stressed that point when we bought it. The manual should stress this as well. Ours is working fine right now but gave us some trouble on the road. I ended up removing every panel in my RV basement to find the controls. I read a lot and watched some YouTube videos and got some good advice from you and others. Thankful for this forum and people like yourself willing to help.

Tags
slide failure