Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #1

Sesmic 4113

Hello, looking to see if anyone owns a 4113. If you do how do you like it, any issues. How is the side patio holding up? Do you use the dishwasher. Is that worth the 799 dollars option. How does it pull? I'll be pulling it with a F450. I greatly appreciate advice.
Chorrighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #2

We have one. We've had it going on a year now. For the most part we like it. So far the side patio is holding up OK. I would expect it to hold up as good or better than the rear ramp/patio since they have the same load rating. The dishwasher we have only used once. That was just to check to make sure it worked properly. It is usually just the two of us and we do what we can to minimize dishes that need to be washed. She prefers to do them by hand since there aren't many to do. If we had it to do over again, we probably wouldn't get it. Being new to this, we actually didn't realize we had an option not to get it.

We've had some problems, most of them small. Pretty much the same kind of things everyone else is complaining about on this site, irregardless of the model. So far everything has been fixed under warranty. Some of the things I could have fixed myself but, since there were other issues I needed the dealer to fix, I let them do everything. Figured if I have to take the time to take it in anyway, why should I spend my time fixing it. I have enough to keep me busy as it is.

I pull ours with a Silverado 3500 Diesel. It had no problem pulling it through the mountains of WV during a 3000 mi trip in August. We plan to snowbird this winter for 3 or 4 months so, that should be a good test.
theracqueteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #3

We have had ours this whole summer and really enjoyed it. Same story about dish washer we got it and only used it once, we thought it would be a good idea but never worked out.
Only minor new trailer issues nothing major. Over all one of our better trailers we have had. We pull with ram 3500 no problems and very stable in Colorado mountains. The hydraulic breaker option is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcarlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #4

Thank for the information. Do you guys use the side patio a lot.
Chorrighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #5

We use the side deck all the time. Wasn't sure at first if I would like it but, the wife wants to use it all the time. It is growing on me.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorrighs View Post
Hello, looking to see if anyone owns a 4113. If you do how do you like it, any issues. How is the side patio holding up? Do you use the dishwasher. Is that worth the 799 dollars option. How does it pull? I'll be pulling it with a F450. I greatly appreciate advice.
We pull with an F450 also, you made the right choice on tow vehicle! I see folks towing with under sized trucks and it looks scary.
As for the side patio..............well lets say it is a sponge! water gets in it badly. Had to add 2 more springs to be able to lift it after it soaks up all the rain. There are weep holes in ours and water gushes out of them when we close it. Jayco said "tough" close it when it rains?
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM   #7

Chorrighs,

Forgot to mention, one thing we don't like is the way the tables set up in front of the couch. They are useless. The stands are so close to the couch you can not slide your feet or legs past. I made a couple of fold up tables that we can use anywhere.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #8

I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone is using a SRW truck on the 4113
Olen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #9

Yes I am towing it wit 2018 Ram 3500 SRW truck. Very stable trailer have had no issues towing it thru the mountains here in Colorado.
rcarlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #10

We really enjoy the layout of the 4113. Love the side deck. Enjoy the elevated kitchen which gives more belly storage. Residential fridge is great, never use the ice maker, we have a stand alone ice maker. Dishwasher never use. Garage is great for moving your son out of the house to his place 1000 miles away. Garage lift beds great for company, they also have their own bathroom. Tows great with 2018 Ram 3500 High Output Cummins dually with Asin 3.73 rear axle.

Issues- Coax cable connectors wrong size. Repaired my self. Kitchen window leak, repaired my self. Furnace not secured to floor, found this out when then furnace squirrel cage burnt up. Piece of OSB from where the manufacturer made a hole with a hole saw and did clean up and broken OSB board lodged in the cage.

Additional Issues:

Black tank flash for front tank check valve installed backwards. Repair my self.
Fuel gauge wired backwards-gen fuel is actually fuel station and vice versa. Repaired myself
Security flood lights wired backwards. Door side flood was Oppisite door side flood. Repaired myself
Kitchen cabinet inlays fell out. Repaired my self.
Stereo speakers zone B and C did not work. Repaired myself.
Theater seating electrical bad. Lippert replaced with new set. I did the swap out.
Propane connector for out side grill located in wrong location. Moved connector so the hose could reach.
Rear door bottom step on stairs bolt broken. Repaired myself.
Front landing gear collapsed. Dealer assist with Lippert repair and reinforced mounting.
No brakes, 5 out of 6 axle seals blew causing grease to coat brake pads. Dealer repair with Lippert paying the bill.
Leaf spring hanger broken. Lippert repair under warranty. Hangers fixed and reinforced.
Bedroom door that has the sensor on it to close the circuit for the slide to work just fell apart. Repair myself.
Multiple wood trim issues. Had to tack back up.
Floor under couch collapsing, causing floor damage. Under warranty, waiting on parts from Jayco. Camping World in Longmont Colorado is the repair center. Date of repair TBD.
Hot water pressure issues. Still researching.
Stereo speakers above couch not working. Still researching.
Couch tables useless

Wish list

Vent in garage bathroom.
Roof vent in bedroom.

Understand, it was my choice to repair. I could have waited for warrenty but it is our second home away from home. So why not repair.
cyclone2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
We have one. We've had it going on a year now. For the most part we like it. So far the side patio is holding up OK. I would expect it to hold up as good or better than the rear ramp/patio since they have the same load rating. The dishwasher we have only used once. That was just to check to make sure it worked properly. It is usually just the two of us and we do what we can to minimize dishes that need to be washed. She prefers to do them by hand since there aren't many to do. If we had it to do over again, we probably wouldn't get it. Being new to this, we actually didn't realize we had an option not to get it.

We've had some problems, most of them small. Pretty much the same kind of things everyone else is complaining about on this site, irregardless of the model. So far everything has been fixed under warranty. Some of the things I could have fixed myself but, since there were other issues I needed the dealer to fix, I let them do everything. Figured if I have to take the time to take it in anyway, why should I spend my time fixing it. I have enough to keep me busy as it is.

I pull ours with a Silverado 3500 Diesel. It had no problem pulling it through the mountains of WV during a 3000 mi trip in August. We plan to snowbird this winter for 3 or 4 months so, that should be a good test.
Hi: Could you briefly list the issues you had plz? I ordered one and will have a certified RV inspector go through it before I take possession. Would be great to give him your fixes so he can double check. Thanks.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #12

Since that post we have had several issues. Some were fixed under warranty and some I fixed. Here is a list of most.

Magic lights didn't work - loose wire
Garage TV had bad picture - warranty replaced
Generator and fuel station indicator reversed
Refrigerator door did not close properly - replace ref under warranty
Right front landing gear bent - replaced
Lost one bolt from spring hanger, found another stripped

Cracks in fiberglass above bedroom window and top corner of kitchen window

Floor replaced under refer.
Graphic on rear surface cracking - replaced, removed replacement after it did the same thing
Replaced vertical seals on large slide out due to improper fitment
Large valance not screwed into joists
Bathroom exhaust fan quit working
Small awning lights quit working

Middle vertical bedroom weather strip missing
Grey water tank leaked - connection not sealed
Drain line from shower leaked - neither end of elbow glued
Replaced awning switches due to malfunction
Replaced bad LP regulator

Discharge cable not connected to half bath black tank
Replaced eyebrow controller on refrig
Blowing fuses due to short somewhere in slideout, had to rewire

Repaired cabinet trim and face pieces that were not fastened
Old 05-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #13

What year Seismic?
Old 05-21-2020, 07:00 AM   #14

Old 05-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #15

We have a 2018 model - initial issues list was also pretty expansive.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #16

I’ve had two. A 2014 4014, and now a 2016 4112.

My 4014 was a disaster. Their first stab at toy haulers. You can go back to 2014 on here and see my rants. And I didn’t even post everything. Slides- disaster. Landing gear- disaster. Beautifully designed interior though.

My 2016 4112:

Rear ramp door replaced. Yes entire door. Bowed after one year. Still to this day have no idea why. No water intrusion. No toys loaded in garage. Mystery

Roof under AC units all needed to be reinforced due to sagging
Roof staples protruding under roof EPDM
Belt trim replace road side
Grey valve stuck open
LP Gas issues to this day. (Still on the list)
So far no slide issues, knock on wood. Old school where someone thought you can put big heavy slides on Schwinteks
Brakes issues

Electric landing gear on both. Garbage. Great for a 29’ light eagle probably. I’ve got so many posts and threads on that.

So now that we have rack and pinion slides and hydraulic leveling those two can be crossed off the list of systemic issues and they are huge.

I’m considering a new rig. I think Grand Design, Keystone or Most likely Heartland is on my list. The QC alone at GD is much better. Jayco has to clamp down on consistency of build quality and quality Control.

I love the idea of having a Certified RV Inspector do the PDI, where does one find these fine folks? Heck send an attorney with them for the PDI. Haha.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
I’ve had two. A 2014 4014, and now a 2016 4112.

My 4014 was a disaster. Their first stab at toy haulers. You can go back to 2014 on here and see my rants. And I didn’t even post everything. Slides- disaster. Landing gear- disaster. Beautifully designed interior though.

My 2016 4112:

Rear ramp door replaced. Yes entire door. Bowed after one year. Still to this day have no idea why. No water intrusion. No toys loaded in garage. Mystery

Roof under AC units all needed to be reinforced due to sagging
Roof staples protruding under roof EPDM
Belt trim replace road side
Grey valve stuck open
LP Gas issues to this day. (Still on the list)
So far no slide issues, knock on wood. Old school where someone thought you can put big heavy slides on Schwinteks
Brakes issues

Electric landing gear on both. Garbage. Great for a 29’ light eagle probably. I’ve got so many posts and threads on that.

So now that we have rack and pinion slides and hydraulic leveling those two can be crossed off the list of systemic issues and they are huge.

I’m considering a new rig. I think Grand Design, Keystone or Most likely Heartland is on my list. The QC alone at GD is much better. Jayco has to clamp down on consistency of build quality and quality Control.

I love the idea of having a Certified RV Inspector do the PDI, where does one find these fine folks? Heck send an attorney with them for the PDI. Haha.
Hi: Thanks for the info. I learned about the certified RV inspectors at an RV show. Go to the NRVIA Website. I located a Level 2 inspector located about 100 miles from the dealership. Turns out he also has his own RV mobile repair business so We feel we got the right inspector. You’ll find all inspector certifications on their website.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
Hi: Thanks for the info. I learned about the certified RV inspectors at an RV show. Go to the NRVIA Website. I located a Level 2 inspector located about 100 miles from the dealership. Turns out he also has his own RV mobile repair business so We feel we got the right inspector. You’ll find all inspector certifications on their website.

Awesome thanks!! That’s perfect. Worth every penny.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote