Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 PM   #1

Size limitations???

We are considering purchasing a Seismic 4113 but are very concerned about fitting into campgrounds due to it being 44ft long with slides and 2 party decks. Our plan is to fulltime and go across country. Anyone that has this model and can share your experiences we would really appreciate it!!!!!
Gpap&katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Out TT isn't nearly that long, but you can bet it'll be too big for a lot of the smaller campgrounds. When we make reservations on the computer, they always ask the length of the unit. If it's out of their range for the depth of their sites, it'll tell you 'no sites available'.
If you have some specific campgrounds in mind, check out their websites, or call them and ask what the length limit is for their park.
There will be some, since folks camp in 45' diesel pushers all the time.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #3

You might be able to get in the Class A sites, but may need to park your TV elsewhere
Old 07-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum Gpap&katkat.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:58 PM   #5

We have a 4113. You just have to do your research. Let the park know the size when you call but don't trust them alone. I have made reservations and after telling them the size, we get there and they see it and say, we didn't realize it was so big. Others will have sites long enough but access roads will be tight, particularly in state and federal parks. Read the park reviews and use google earth. You'll be able to find parks that can handle you. We have been able to use at least one porch everywhere we have been. A couple of times the site was short (but plenty of room to maneuver with in the park) and had to park the tv in overflow lot. I don't mind doing that if there for a few days since I use the bike if weather is good.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #6

We have a 2017 Northpoint 375BHFS that's 44'. Add the bike rack on the back and it's just under 48'. One thing I need to do is stick measure the height but according to the specs it stands 13'-3". Theres a lot to watch with this thing. Turning corners in a park and even on the road I have to make sure I dont cut it short on the turning side AND remember the tail swing in the rear doesnt clip something. I have 5 1/2" of clearance between the trailer and the bedrails. Towing with a long bed, I have to watch not only the side to side twist when on uneven ground but the rear bed corners so they dont make contact with the underside of the trailer. More so in parks, but even going down the road, the height of it becomes an issue on overhanging tree limbs. Currently there is a lot of road construction going on around were I live. There is an overpass deck that is being worked on and they use these portable trailer traffic light signals on a raised up arm. I'm pretty darn sure the arm is not up high enough for my trailer to go under and trying to go around it is impossible, so I'm taking a different route.
As far as parks go, we book for sites that will fit a 45'. However, like a previous post said, once you get there they look at it and they "didnt realize it was so big". We've had it happen twice. One time we ended up taking 2 sites and they didnt charge us. The other time we walked around the park and looked at sites that were still available and got on one of those.
That's been the extent of our experiences, so far. One of these times I'm sure we are gonna run into a park that just cant accommodate what we have and that's my biggest fear. I'm not going to damage my trailer because I cant make a corner due to a tree, signpost, etc on the ground OR overhead. Trailers have gotten WAY bigger than what most parks were even designed for back in the day and unfortunately park owners need to step up and do some PM work to accommodate them IF they say they can fit.
I have a relative that owns a KOA a few states away from us and my mom tells me all they do is complain when these big trailers and coaches drive down the roads in the park and make ruts in the grass because they cant make the corner, yet they dont do anything to widen the corner. Tree branches and limbs get broken off, yet they wont trim things back. Power issues because more and more trailers are a 50A hook up that people use a 30A adapter on, and they wont upgrade the power infrastructure in their park.
So far, owning a unit this size has been fun. It's a real head turner I think because people want to see how hard of a time you're gonna have getting it in a spot. Kind of like watching a NASCAR race. People dont watch just to see cars go around in a circle for hours on end, they watch it for the big high speed pile up wrecks that happen. Unfortunately for them watching me, I'm not very entertaining. I enjoy a challenge of squeezing a round peg in a square hole and getting it done in one or two tries. Then they get all bummed out and leave.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:38 PM   #7
Site Team

snip.." they get all bummed out and leave."

They should be coming over and congratulating you for being a pro spotting your 5er!

I did just that after watching a triple axle on a 8' box crew cab, jack it into a spot from a narrow campground road. One shot, no jockeying, just in and parked.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #8

I have a Seismic 4212. It’s 45’ long. Have it for 3 years and always find RV parks long enough. Currently going through Idaho, Montana and finding spots that are 70’ to 110’. You have to search their website and always check reviews. I also call ahead. Biggest problem I find is people tell you they have level sites but are no way near level.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerere View Post
Biggest problem I find is people tell you they have level sites but are no way near level.

Those are the sites that are level until you put your rig on it. Once you leave it will level out again.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #10

I believe that. 😂
Georgerere is offline   Reply With Quote