Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #1

So where do you ride?

We love to ride in Wayne National Forest, Ohio. Also love riding in mid Michigan. Where do you all ride?
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #2

Our riding is mainly the Rose City, Bull Gap area in Mi. We try and get over to the Baldwin area in the fall as well. We used to do Silver Lake every June but the trails are so much more fun. If you do Baldwin, stay at the Best Bear Lodge and Campground. Trail access from the site and the best people you will ever meet own it.

Ross..
Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoW View Post
Our riding is mainly the Rose City, Bull Gap area in Mi. We try and get over to the Baldwin area in the fall as well. We used to do Silver Lake every June but the trails are so much more fun. If you do Baldwin, stay at the Best Bear Lodge and Campground. Trail access from the site and the best people you will ever meet own it.

Ross..
Ross, that is awesome! Best Bear Lodge is our favorite MI camping and riding spot in MI. Lake County Trails and ORV routes are so fun! Going there next week! We just rode and camped in the St. Helen area last week, hung out with friends at Crystal Lake. One day of the worst dust. (Love my new wolf snout). And then it rained all night for an awesome two days of riding. And we found a great place to boon dock at the rustic camp ground with a lake! In Ogemaw...I can't think of the name of the place off hand.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #4

Ambrose Lake?? If so we've camped there a lot and then ride into Clear Lake for Pizza and beer. There is another rustic campground right in the middle of the Bull Gap trail system called Mac Lake, Haven't camped there yet but will this fall. The south loop of that system is my favourite trail ever, especially after some rain.
Best bear is awesome, the first time we camped there Carrie brought cupcakes around for all the campers………amazing couple.
Next trip for us is end of July for a long weekend of Riding with a group I know from another forum (we ride old three wheelers).

Ross..
Old 07-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #5

Yeah, Carrie and Matt are just awesome. She brought us cupcakes too! I can not wait to tell them they were mentioned by name on the Jayco forum. They will be so pleased! We wrote them a glowing review on trip advisor last year. Ambrose Lake is the name. Thanks. The pizza at Clear Lake was killer. Our friends rented that big water front cottage with the wrap around porch across the street, and we got to tag along a bit. What a fun experience.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #6

I enjoy riding dunes and desert.
We do a lot of trips to the Oregon dunes, Winchester being our favorite in Oregon.
Also do a couple trips to Sand Mt Nevada every year for sand and desert riding.
Glamis or Dumont in the middle of winter.
And my all time favorite....our annual trip to St. Anthony dunes in Idaho, and usually a week of riding at Island Park just outside of Yellowstone.
Man, I put a lot of miles on!
Turtle Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #7

Tim, that is some riding. We have not even made it to the dunes sorta near us yet. I guess I just love riding trails.
Just rode in WNF and had a great trip. Stayed in a favorite CG called Begleys in NewStaitsville Ohio. Nice, clean hot showers and bathrooms, with direct trail access. So far we are LOVING our Octane.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #8

Mojave Desert

We ride at California City in the Mojave desert.

Desolate!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1065.jpg  
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #9

Apparently I misunderstood what we were riding....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
apparently i misunderstood what we were riding....
lol!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #11

We have been riding in Wayne National Forest 3 times so far this summer. I hope we can go in a week too. Our new Octane has been great for boondocking twice, but I think August is just too hot for that. Can not wait to go boondocking in October!
Old 08-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #12

Nice, I've heard good things about WNF. We just got back from a week in Rose City and then a week across the Bridge in the Upper Peninsula, small rustic campground on Superior........so nice with almost no on the trails.

Ross..
Old 08-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #13

That sounds just amazing. We have not ridden in the UP. I would live to talk my husband into it. So Ross, I take it you boondock?