Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #1

Sometimes, it's like the dealer is working against you.

Took my trailer in as it had a water pump and water line issue.

I had winterized it from the last time I had it in, just a few days before.

When maintaining your trailer, my theory is anyway, good habits will save the day. Do things a very specific way and always do them that way. It helps reduce mistakes.

Anyway, when I winterize, I leave the valves closed to the hot water tank. It keeps back flow of anti-freeze out of the hot water tank, etc.

When I get it back, the valves are open. Can't think of a reason the dealer would need to open these. Hot water tank didn't need to be involved in this maintenance.

Also, the clear hose for sucking in the anti-freeze is full of anti-freeze and tucked back inside.

Who does this. That is a mess waiting to happen. If you pull that hose out and aren't aware that fluid is in there, it will leak all over the inside of the trailer. Like you need that mess.

Sometimes I just don't know.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
Took my trailer in as it had a water pump and water line issue.

I had winterized it from the last time I had it in, just a few days before.

When maintaining your trailer, my theory is anyway, good habits will save the day. Do things a very specific way and always do them that way. It helps reduce mistakes.

Anyway, when I winterize, I leave the valves closed to the hot water tank. It keeps back flow of anti-freeze out of the hot water tank, etc.

Sometimes I just don't know.
X2 Couldn’t agree more and if you have the opportunity to watch these employees attempt to work you’ll soon see how unqualified many of them are.
When I bought my unit at CW in Washington State the salesman highly recommend that I take it to Blade RV if any repairs were needed ( I bought used).
Old 04-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #3

Yeah. What makes it worse is, the dealers send one guy to get certified and then tells all their customers "we" are factory certified. That guy is not doing the work. Probably isn't there, might have quit long ago.

Johnny, who has been doing this a few weeks, is the guy actually doing the work. We, the customer, are paying like it is some highly trained tech.

This isn't, by far, the only industry that does this.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #4

I have had my issues with the dealer I purchased from as well. So I found a local independent who does amazing work. And for warranty, I call Jayco first, tell them the issue, tell them who I am going to use, and get approval. I have to pay out of pocket up front, but get it back after the fact. Solved the dealer service center issues!