Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2021, 09:56 PM   #1

Switching out sunken tub for walk in shower

Hello newby here,

I'm looking at purchasing a Seismic 4213 or 4113. If I can only find a 18 model with the sunken tub shower I was looking at changing it out.

I wanted to ask if it was possible to switch out the sunken tub shower for the newer walk-in with the teak wood seat.

I haven't gotten the dimensions and only found one place that said it probably could be done at an authorized jayco shop in AZ. They said it's possible if they can get all the parts in a timely manner and would probably cost 5 to 10k and a few days.

Anyone out there can offer me some good advice or ideas on how to change it out or if it's worth the effort & hassle.

Thanks in advance
Frozenhosehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:29 AM   #2

having a 4113, I dont see how they would get it out of there without taking something apart, like most of the bathroom, vanity included. Probably have to remove the bed and platform too in order to navigate getting it out of the bathroom and down the hallway. seems like the tub is taller than the doors too. Suggest using a measuring tape to get an idea of dimensions. Also would need to validate the positioning of the drain in the pan- if not identical, then you are looking at plumbing work too.

Cant really say this much effort would be worth it given the costs noted. Better to get a 2019 and up version is this is a critical path item, as you would never recover the investment for resale, etc. Plus, will the 3rd party actually install it properly? I would guess there would be some resulting headaches from the changes too.

We personally sought out a 2018 to have the tub. Sometimes the wife/daughter like to have a soak, especially the little one, she likes bubble baths....
atlantaM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #3

It's not an essential do or die thing for me. I am thinking as I got older that the walk in would be easier to navigate than stepping in. Is the tub in your 4113 decent sized that a 5ft person could lay in it?

I'm assuming the 4213 tub is a similar in dimensions to your 4113.

Do you like your jayco seismic overall as for as comfortably and durability? The swing kitchen and two porches are probably two of the things I'm mainly looking for. A king bed would be nice but I'll live.

Thanks
Frozenhosehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seismic 4113, seismic 4213