Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #1

Talon owners

Anybody with a jayco talon noticed there is 3 grey tanks on control panel to monitor?
Has anybody put an ac in garage? Dealer wants $1800 to put one in. Said they have to run it to it's own plug and out to the pedestal. Hopefully can find a better way to spend money. If it can just be wired into the camper i could soft start each one, total 3, and at least get something for my money....
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #2

Yes, the tank monitor is just a standard component. Out 313t only has 2 grey tanks.

Is a 3rd AC necessary? Our unit cools down just fine with the 2 units. That may not be the case if you live in the desert and can’t find any shade. But then, the desert cools down nicely at night for a comfortable nites rest.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:40 AM   #3

Not sure if 3rd ac is needed. We just purchased ours in November. Just asking. Thought I had read it was wired for it but not advertised that way. Jayco was no help when I contacted them. We do vacation in south texas a lot. So no relief from heat at night. So far owning the talon has proven difficult to find much info. So far very happy with it thou. Cold weather camping is comfy thou....
Old 02-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #4

South Texas

We were thinking about going down to McAllen Texas. Is that the area you guys go to?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #5

Never been there. We frequently go to Galveston and occasionally Port Aransas. Family usually likes the beaches. We live in Oklahoma. What's in McAllen? We r always looking for destinations.
We also like Florida beaches too. And looking to go to Utah on a bigger trip. Zion....
Old 02-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #6

McAllen, TX

Not a whole lot from a RVing perspective. It is a full blown city where a "Winter Texan" could hang out and enjoy the winter if you so desired. There is a guy down there that is building up an ATV park. It would be a great place to go ride in January or February.

Do you know any places where you can ride ATVs on the beach, etc?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #7

Not on the beach. I'll have to look into the ATV park there. A good friend on mine has a razor. And he love to take places. And he has invited us to go and use his ranger as well if we take in our 5er. Looking to get one in the next year or 2. Just gotta get something paid off first! We bought a toyhauler to bring our street bike with us on vacation. With plans for other toys later.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #8

ATVs on the Beach

Yeah, we are looking for a place to ride and camp and swim. Someone must have read our minds as they just added a new location in the Mud Finder that has exactly that. Looks like you can do it all. 2019 is shaping up quite nicely. :-)
Old 02-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #9

So where did u find?
Old 02-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #10

Ha. I suppose that would be nice. :-)

Sorry. It is a place called Lake Murray. Looks like a nice state park. You could spend years trying to go to all the places they have in the free app. Pretty cool. I suppose the problem would be, the grass is always greener. You may feel you should have gone somewhere else.

Riding in one place gets old. We just wanted to get around a little more.

Ya know?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #11

Was just there a month ago! And another buddy of mine invited us to go this weekend. Pretty ok place to go I guess. What do u ride? I dont have anything but a street bike at the moment. But friends have razors. And I ranger they let me borrow if I haul it in my talon.
There is also a place called crossbar ranch 30 mins north of there they love to go to. I haven't been there yet with them.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #12

I have done a search and couldn't find anything, what is the compartment behind the fueling station for on the Talon haulers. 6x6 locking door and an empty compartment except for some wires.

Thanks
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #13

^^^^. That is where the macerater (or ****ter pusher as my wife calls it) pump how goes if your trailer has that option.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin88cam View Post
I have done a search and couldn't find anything, what is the compartment behind the fueling station for on the Talon haulers. 6x6 locking door and an empty compartment except for some wires.

Thanks
I use it to carry my hose connector fittings and fuel additive for now. Works well for that.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #15

Thanks for the info. I happen to have a shurflo portable macerator, I may just stick it in there incase I need it, go ahead and wire it in so it will reach the drain outlet, guess I could shove a water hose in there with it.

Thanks again
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #16

Always good to have options!
Old 03-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #17

Styx River Resort, and other close by campgrounds in Mobile, lazy river inner tube rides, dirt track, shooting range, and close to P-cola and Mobile beaches...we love it there.
SmithE6 is offline   Reply With Quote