Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Talon sofa slide

So I ran my slide out Friday and had all kinds of issues getting it out. It kept getting out of even and stopping. After running it out and bumping it back in I finally got it out. So then the YouTube search began. After watching several videos and home camping with the generator this weekend, I was ready to bring slide back in. I tried to disengage the motors brake and push, but it didn't budge. Next, I did the manual over ride. Pushed the little button 6 times and hold on the 7th, wait for lights to flash. Did that and pushed slide in as normal and slide came back in. I came back in evenly for about 1/3 the way, but slowly it went outta sink. It did come all the way thou once one side closed the other continued until it closed. Went back to the controller and pushed the button again, stopping the flashing lights of the manual override. Anybody know what's next? I'll take it in to get looked at under warranty this time. But, from what I've read, this happens all the time. Once outta warranty, I cant afford to take this in once a year at $500 for slide maintenance. I need to learn to do this myself.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

So I figured out my issue with the slide. seems on one side the wire that passes through the floor and connects to the wire from the motor, throu a plastic channel next to seal, had gotten bunched up somehow. I straightened thos wires out and made sure connector was properly plugged together and it works as it should.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #3

Glad it was resolved and thanks for letting everyone know what was found.

But I'm curious... did the dealer find the issue or did you find it before you took it in?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #4

I found it before I took it in. I have a family i chat with on messenger that have the same toyhauler. Turns out the husband is an rv tech. So as they make mods I want to do they have been more than helpful with information to do it properly. Like a previous post about adding a 3 ac in the talon garage.
Anyways, I messaged them about my issue and he told me I needed to follow the wiring because that's what would cause my code on the controller. I was just out trying to figure out how to salvage the holiday weekend and noticed that wire connection was all bunched up.
I love to use this forum for useful info on simple issues or upgrades. And to share as I learn things too.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #5

Dealer finally got the parts

Ours had to have parts replaced. The dealer finally got the parts. We just got the trailer turned in today to get that handled along with all the new problems. Water heater is out. Probably needs a new board. I may have to buy one to keep with us.

If I replace now and anything goes wrong with it, warranty won't cover it will all be my fault. :-/
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:27 PM   #6

I would think if u call jayco u could have a mobile guys replace and they could send ur board in and get u a replacement.