Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Thinking on Purchasing a 2006 Talon and have questions

Hello all, first post here but glad I found the forum. I am looking at 2006 Talon 36v and it has a couple issues that I need some help with. First and the one that bothers me the most is it has a broken area in the front cap from somebody turning and hitting a headache rack. Does anybody know whether the front cap is fiberglass or plastic on this model. If fiberglass I would think the fix would be easier than the plastic ones. I dont think it has any water damage inside the hole but will also need to check it out better to be sure. Has anyone had to repair one of these and roughly what was to cost of doing so.

The other issue is that the last time the owner unhooked one of the front jacks or landing gear didnt come down and he said it sounded like the gears inside where stripped. Right now it is sitting on a bottle jack. Is this a hard repair and or expensive? Is it bolted in or does it have to be cut out and welded back into place.

I believe the camper is priced fairly for the damage and repairs its going to need but just dont know if this is something I even want to deal with. My wife and I love the model and it has everything we are looking for in a toyhauler but want to make an informed decision on whether we should pursue this one or not. This is the only one we can find in the area and would have to make a pretty long trip and spend a fair bit more for a different one.

Any help you all could give on these items would be great.
cosp600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2

well, I see no other replies yet, so I'll jump in. I have a Jayco Seismic that had the front jack stop working and making that sound. It was under warranty, so I don't know the cost, but they said it was the gear box on the motor and replaced it with one they pulled off of another 5er on the lot. (pretty common part and the same across many models) It only takes 15-20 mins to take the old one out and put a new one in. So I don't think I would let that stop me.
As far as the cap, I can't comment on that.

Good Luck !!
Now with Firestone AirBags
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote