Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #1

Tires and Rims

good morning all, first post with the group looking to help and learn! we are in the process of replacing our Westlake tires that came on our Seismic wave 400w. we are looking at moving up to a 14 ply, but was curious if anyone else has done that or if they had to replace the rims as well? i'm not sure if the Rims from the factory are rated for the 110psi needed for the 14 ply tires. looking to go to the Sailun tires, as our local tire guy stated with the 3 axles the goodyears would probably not be worth the extra 150 bucks a tire. thanks for the help !

my current wheel size is 235-80-r16
Kyled04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Team

The load carriny capacity should be stamped on the rims somewhere. If not and they are cast aluminum, Look them up on the Tredit website for the specs. Click on the picture of your rim and all is there. They provide virtually every Jayco rim.

www.tredit.com

Welcome to JOF
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

Our Sesimic also came with Westlake Bombs....the rims will handle the 110 psi of the Saliums. I have run Saliums for over 20,000 miles. I am also running 2 Goodyear endurance 10 plys as an expirment to see which is better tie for triple axle toy box. Let’s face facts, triple axle toyhauler is not comparable to a Pinnacle or a Northpoint in weight or axle issues.
The Goodyears have 9,000 miles on them, they are wearing more by 2/32 than the Saliums.
Watch your spring hanger brackets closely, again toy boxes go where others don’t. The frame is subjected to more flexing on than the RV campground crowd. I suggest you look at some “suspension failure” threads here. Sesimic is having failures that are alarming to me as we had a major failure also. Real world toy box use has revealed the Sesimic will not hold up as advertised by manufacturer.
The bushings on ours were replaced 2 times under warranty, I am replacing with wet bolts as soon as it gets out of the shop due to Schwintek 3 rd failure.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Our Sesimic also came with Westlake Bombs....the rims will handle the 110 psi of the Saliums. I have run Saliums for over 20,000 miles. I am also running 2 Goodyear endurance 10 plys as an expirment to see which is better tie for triple axle toy box. Let’s face facts, triple axle toyhauler is not comparable to a Pinnacle or a Northpoint in weight or axle issues.
The Goodyears have 9,000 miles on them, they are wearing more by 2/32 than the Saliums.
Watch your spring hanger brackets closely, again toy boxes go where others don’t. The frame is subjected to more flexing on than the RV campground crowd. I suggest you look at some “suspension failure” threads here. Sesimic is having failures that are alarming to me as we had a major failure also. Real world toy box use has revealed the Sesimic will not hold up as advertised by manufacturer.
The bushings on ours were replaced 2 times under warranty, I am replacing with wet bolts as soon as it gets out of the shop due to Schwintek 3 rd failure.
X2
My rims are good for 110PSI and running Sailuns. Good tire.
Also had a spring hanger failure. Definitely would recommend reinforcing the hangers before you experience a failure.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
The load carriny capacity should be stamped on the rims somewhere. If not and they are cast aluminum, Look them up on the Tredit website for the specs. Click on the picture of your rim and all is there. They provide virtually every Jayco rim.

www.tredittire.com/

Welcome to JOF
Norty, I get a site not secure warning when I click on to your link. Have you had anyone else tell you this?

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #6
Site Team

Try it again. Not sure why that happened but I changed it and now I don't get it either. I just did a google search for Tredit tire.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #7

After the initial investment these will save you money and headaches in the long run.

http://www.boarwheel.com/why-19-5/
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote