Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #1

Question 1/2 inch Excessive Slope? Equalizer System Auto Level

Just picked up a 2019 Alante 26X last night.

Backed in along side my house, turned on the Equalizer auto level, pressed the magical auto level button only to get an excessive slope warning.

I placed level blocks under the front jacks all that did is lift the front tires 4 inces off the ground. What I didn't understand is why it lifts the backend almost all the way up.

So what is my slope on the side of my house? My uncle and I got the transit out and from the rear to the front there is a 1/2" slope difference. A 1/2" difference in 28 feet is too much for this system?

I have reset the oritation and have tried to manually leveled, then reset the null, neither of those efforts helped.

Any thoughts?

Just want to make sure its not user error.

Ryan

I attached some photos I couldnt figure out how to add them inline with text
Attached Thumbnails
g30+ToPLTk+mHDFKckeXLw.jpg   fullsizeoutput_c2e.jpg   fullsizeoutput_c2f.jpeg   IMG_2192.jpg  
Ryan_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

Sounds like you need to take it to a very level place and recalibrate the leveling. Unfortunately I have LCI and am not familiar with your system. Check the manufacturer website and see if they list instructions on how to recalibrate.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955farm View Post
Sounds like you need to take it to a very level place and recalibrate the leveling. Unfortunately I have LCI and am not familiar with your system. Check the manufacturer website and see if they list instructions on how to recalibrate.
I'm with you. Recalibrate on level ground if you haven't already. My system can handle several inches of slope and I generally put 4x4 under at least front Jack's cause the coach rides lower in the front. Many times under the rear Jack's too. Seems like my auto level works best when legs aren't fully extended. On a downward slope to the front I drive the front tires on to small boards so they are not in the air.
hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #4

I am not sure where ill find a perfect level ground. Right now I am on a slope that is 1/2 inch over 28 feet. That is almost 1/64 of an inch per foot.

I will try to google a level surface or think of where I might be able to go. Maybe the dealer has a level calibration pad, ill call them on monday.

The equalizer null instructions ask me to manually level the the rv and then clicka few buttons and the unit will reset its null or level. The problem is I am not able to manually level. when I click on the control panel for it to raise the front, the rear jacks move and lift the back end so trying to lift the front the 1/2 inch I am fighting the back lifting up. I understnd that the natural slope of the rv leans towards the front so it could be an inch or better that it is trying to raise.

Attached are a couple more images, the level is showing how much out of level or slope I have with the jacks all the way retracted. I am using an 8 foot level and have the level about in the middle of the motor home or at 14 feet.

Will try the dealer and the manufacture of this system. I feel something is broken, a valve not closed or hoses connected up wrong. Will still work on it today to see if its still user error.

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
OdCOBfo5RoWe4GHifoLrcA.jpg   aYxA1705RZSGWOidl1h3OQ.jpg  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #5

Keep in mind that any driveway/pad will have a slope... they're supposed to, to shed the rainwater. So will most parking lots, etc, that you might think will provide level ground.

Try this... using your trusty transit, adjust pads under where the jacks will go, until they are absolutely level with each other. (Never mind what the actual ground is doing.)

Then use that "artificifical level" to do your calibration.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #6

Issues Solved.

I email the manufacture and in describing the issue where all 4 jacks move all the time, they knew immediately what the issues was.

The unit was in the default manufacturer state and the valves were never closed.

On the right top of the unit there are 4 valves that with an 1/8 alan wrench need to be turned counter clockwise until snug.

Once I did this on all four the unit level, I calibrated it, and it works like a champ.

Thanks again to all who replied.
Attached Thumbnails
2j3XXHVtQFqYEUHLFm3dpA.jpg  
Old 06-20-2019, 05:25 AM   #7

Great closure. Thanks for posting the fix.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26x, auto level, equalizer systems