Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #1

110 outlet issues

We have a 2018 Alante 26x and having issues with the cab light and over driver bunk light. We also have lost 110v out put on the entry way and counter top outlets.
Any one else have similar issues?

Tia
El Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pea View Post
We have a 2018 Alante 26x and having issues with the cab light and over driver bunk light. We also have lost 110v out put on the entry way and counter top outlets.
Any one else have similar issues?

Tia
Check GFCI. might have tripped. its on one of the plugs usually in the bath or kitchen counter.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #3

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Checked those, none have gfci trips to reset.
Fuse # 11 keeps blowing.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #4

I believe you have two separate issues since one involves 12-volt DC items (lights) and the other is 120-volt AC outlets.

When you say fuse 11 is blowing, is it an actual 12-volt fuse or is it a 120-volt circuit breaker opening? If a 12-volt fuse, you likely have a direct short somewhere in that circuit. Are those lights led? If they are not and they are regular incandescent bulbs I have seen bulbs go bad and cause a direct short, so perhaps you can start there. If not that, all bets are off and the issue could lie anywhere between the lights and the power center in your unit.

Regarding the 120-volt outlets, you said you checked the GFCI outlets and none were tripped. My unit is obviously a different kind, but I have GFCI outlets in my outside compartments that go to circuits inside! So perhaps check there too. Also, have you switched off and back on all your 120-volt circuit breakers? Sometimes they can be "tripped" but the the tripped look is subtle. So try resetting all of them if no other GFCI outlets are located.

Good luck, let us know what you find.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #5

One of those 110 outlets has a GFCI, mine is in the bathroom, not sure where yousr is but by code there has to be one. On the underside bunk and cab light light, mine would go on when I lowered the bunk due to a mis-wire in the wires in the driver side motor cabinet for the bunk, remove the panel and check, also remove the bunk mattress and check the light wires as they are just laying under the slats. And does the fuse blow when you turn on the cab light? or the bunk light, or either?
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #6

You can hunt down a short by putting a 12VDC incandescent lamp in series with the fuse that blows. Then install a new fuse and the lamp in series will light up and provide a load so the fuse doesn’t blow. Then you can search for the short and when you open the short the series lamp will go out. If you have an intermittent short, this method will not be much help.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #7

All good

Sorted the 110v issue.
Turned out to be a bad breaker.
New one fitted and all is good. Thanks for all the input, folks.