Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #1

'18 Precept 31UL macerator hose

I believe it's a Thetford San-Con Turbo Macerator System. Unfortunately the hose developed a hole, (not good when pumping black), but I can't seem to find a replacement. The existing hose appears to be 1 1/2" to 2" but most macerator replacement hoses are garden hose or 1" at best.

Anyone done a replacement? If so did you replace with OEM or use some sort of adapter to step the hose size down?

Clean Dump hoses are readily available, anyone use them, if so, what was required?

Thanks in advance for any advice
wjborow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 AM   #2

Call the thetford number in the macerator manual. The sani con has a different warranty than the motorhome. They'll ask for the s/n on the sani con unit. Ask for the hose with a cover since it's less likely to leak. They were very kind and mailed it to my house. Easy to fit.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #3

I had to replace mine as well. Look through your paperwork to get the right model number. I ordered two hoses that twined out too narrow to fit.
Replacement is pretty easy, as long as you get the right diameter hose. You may have the wider one like I did. It’s a bit harder to find.
ncmurf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:00 PM   #4

Yup, called Thetford as requested and they are sending me a replacement free of charge.
wjborow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #5

Non turbo is 1 1/4 inch and turbo is 1 1/2 inch. I ordered 3 turbo hoses so I can reach my septic clean out at home. Got them from adventurerv.net.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote