Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #1

1st Trip out with our Alante 27A - Almost Perfect

Hi.

Newbie here.. we just purchased a 2022 Alante 27A like 2 months ago and we just came from our 1st Trip and all was good.. I need to get more time on the road with the rig to get my confidence up... I was kind of stress driving her on the highway... way different than my small cars.

All worked great with the exception of the TV on the dinning room... failed big time on us... I'm not sure what is wrong with it.. but once turned on.. after couple of minutes it just go black and no power. I'm not sure if it is the power or the TV itself. I need to unplugged the TV from the receptacle and put it back for it to be able to work again... and will do the same again and again. No matter if you are trying to view an OTA Channel or using the HDMI cable (my kiddos bring their XBOX and were unable to use it because the TV wasn't working properly) TV is an Insignia model with FireTV built in..

Just wondering if someone had that issue with that particular brand or if it is something with the power on that section of the rig? I need to call the dealer to follow up on that but just checking here first.

Another thing we noticed is that on the Jack Knife sofa we only found one full seat belt.. the other seat belt was missing the latch component. When we did the demo we saw the two belts and we didn't check them further to realize that the latch for one of them is missing.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Motorhomes do take some getting used to on the road. Tractor trailers passing on interstates or in the other lane coming towards you set up a turbulent air wash that can buffet it around a little. Side wind wants to push it, and head winds slow you down. You'll get used to it.

The tv and set belt issues are warranty items. Your dealer should be the one to remedy those for you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Motorhomes do take some getting used to on the road. Tractor trailers passing on interstates or in the other lane coming towards you set up a turbulent air wash that can buffet it around a little. Side wind wants to push it, and head winds slow you down. You'll get used to it.
You are right.. there were moments that I was fighting with her to keep it straight.. but other times it was running smooth at 60-65mph on i75 here in Florida. I was hoping that with a 2022 I didn't need to go with the after market route of adding steering stabilizer, springs and shocks but it seems that is a must still today and that the "JRIDE" is just a market campaign. Which one of those add-ons can help in driving with 1-hand on the steering wheel whenever possible?
Old 04-10-2022, 07:00 PM   #4
Site Team

I've learned OE components may be ok, but aftermarket upgrades are better in most instances. The first thing I did after buying our F150 was to change out the shocks to Bilsteins on all 4 corners. Major difference in the ride, towing or not. On our TT, the nylon spring bushings were ok for a while, but a new set of wet bolts with metal bushings are that much better. Same idea. Being a step better than OEM components is what keeps the aftermarket manufacturers going strong. Tires are the same way. The tires I put on the DWs car are way better than the originals, that were done for at 28,000 miles.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:09 PM   #5

Of all the upgrades I did to my Alante 27a, 2021. Steering stabilizer, I used safetplus.
Sumo springs in front and Koni shocks. Drives comfortable now and worth it.
Pete
hawkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:01 AM   #6

I came from my 2nd trip this past weekend and the ride was much better... Maybe I just need to get used to it. I guess time will tell.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

The tv and set belt issues are warranty items. Your dealer should be the one to remedy those for you.
I called the dealer I bought the unit from.. and they told me the earliest I can take my rig in is in June for checking what is wrong with it and if they need to processed any claim with Jayco that will add another 2-3 months on waiting... Incredible... here goes your warranty...

Probably better to just get a TV and mount it myself...
Old 04-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by embeleco View Post
Hi.

Newbie here.. we just purchased a 2022 Alante 27A like 2 months ago and we just came from our 1st Trip and all was good.. I need to get more time on the road with the rig to get my confidence up... I was kind of stress driving her on the highway... way different than my small cars.

All worked great with the exception of the TV on the dinning room... failed big time on us... I'm not sure what is wrong with it.. but once turned on.. after couple of minutes it just go black and no power. I'm not sure if it is the power or the TV itself. I need to unplugged the TV from the receptacle and put it back for it to be able to work again... and will do the same again and again. No matter if you are trying to view an OTA Channel or using the HDMI cable (my kiddos bring their XBOX and were unable to use it because the TV wasn't working properly) TV is an Insignia model with FireTV built in..

Just wondering if someone had that issue with that particular brand or if it is something with the power on that section of the rig? I need to call the dealer to follow up on that but just checking here first.

Another thing we noticed is that on the Jack Knife sofa we only found one full seat belt.. the other seat belt was missing the latch component. When we did the demo we saw the two belts and we didn't check them further to realize that the latch for one of them is missing.
OK, this sounds too simple, but we had the same TV before I swapped it out a smart TV.
The TV rides up and down on televator. We had on an occasion where the power cord would come disengaged from the back of the TV. Also, on another occasion had the power cord of the televator come off. It was an easy repair. Both was being pulled off by lack of clearance.
Raise up the TV and check you wires, hopefully you'll be that lucky.
JK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
I called the dealer I bought the unit from.. and they told me the earliest I can take my rig in is in June for checking what is wrong with it and if they need to processed any claim with Jayco that will add another 2-3 months on waiting... Incredible... here goes your warranty...

Have you tried unplugging the TV from that outlet an plugging it into a different outlet with an extension cord? That would help determine if its the outlet or the TV itself.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #10

I suspect you are aware of this but in case you are not, be sure that the ignition key is not turned on as that will turn off the outlet to the TV. ~CA
Old 04-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK31 View Post
OK, this sounds too simple, but we had the same TV before I swapped it out a smart TV.
The TV rides up and down on televator. We had on an occasion where the power cord would come disengaged from the back of the TV. Also, on another occasion had the power cord of the televator come off. It was an easy repair. Both was being pulled off by lack of clearance.
Raise up the TV and check you wires, hopefully you'll be that lucky.
The issue on mine is that you turned on the TV and it start powering up and goes to OTA Channels for couple of minutes.. then suddenly it just either goes black and no power led ... control doesn't work at that point... sometimes it comes back on its own.. other times I need to unplugged the TV from the receptacle inside the televator for it to power again... Weird thing is that I thought it was a power problem... so one day with the rig here at my house I connected the TV directly to a receptacle in the house and the TV did not came up. Later on I put it back on the receptacle inside the televator area and red power led started working.. I was able to power on the TV.. and voila after couple minutes.. it just go black like without power... I tried also using the HDMI and not the OTA Channels.. and same behavior... Crappy Insignia TV with the embedded FireTV OS.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I suspect you are aware of this but in case you are not, be sure that the ignition key is not turned on as that will turn off the outlet to the TV. ~CA
I wasn't aware of it... but I have been working with the TV without the key on the ignition....
Old 04-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #13

Quote:
I wasn't aware of it... but I have been working with the TV without the key on the ignition....
On the other hand, I could be wrong. My understanding is that all Jayco motorhomes disable the power to the power outlet for the television whenever the key is on, as a safety to prevent the TV from being on while going down the road. I would suggest though as previously suggested to see if you can use an extension cord to another outlet to determine if the outlet is the issue or the TV. ~CA
Old 04-22-2022, 01:52 PM   #14

Quote:

I would contact JAYCO motorized and include that comment. Then ask for them to reimburse you for a new TV.

Be sure to mention the dealer by name.. sounds like RV1 in Casselberry to me.

https://www.jayco.com/contact-motorized-service/
Old 04-22-2022, 05:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I would contact JAYCO motorized and include that comment. Then ask for them to reimburse you for a new TV.

Be sure to mention the dealer by name.. sounds like RV1 in Casselberry to me.

https://www.jayco.com/contact-motorized-service/
Exactly that one .. RV1 @ Casselberry.. what do you know that I dont? I am a newbie in this territory.
embeleco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Exactly that one .. RV1 @ Casselberry.. what do you know that I dont? I am a newbie in this territory.
Same BS line that friends were told regarding their Entegra Ethos "until" they contacted JAYCO.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:30 AM   #17

Added Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and Koni Shocks all around and now I can drive down the highway as Alabama says..."One arm on the wheel". I agree with the thought that J-Ride is a J-Joke!
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustoner View Post
Added Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and Koni Shocks all around and now I can drive down the highway as Alabama says..."One arm on the wheel". I agree with the thought that J-Ride is a J-Joke!
Good to hear. I am looking to do the same to my rig but not sure where to take it here in Central Florida. Someone has a good and reputable RV Shop that can recommend?
embeleco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 06:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Good to hear. I am looking to do the same to my rig but not sure where to take it here in Central Florida. Someone has a good and reputable RV Shop that can recommend?
Contact RV Force in Winter Haven.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:53 PM   #20

If you are up for an adventure....Safe-T-Plus is in Georgia....about 45 minutes NW of Atlanta....we had our Safe-T-Plus installed at the factory...cheaper than other places PLUS they will take you out on the interstate and see how it drives for you and adjust accordingly. Although I installed the Koni FSG shocks myself they will also do that (don't know what they charge). I got my shocks at Ultra RV Products out of Washington...best price I could find. Hope this helps!
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote