Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #1

2014-2022 Alante 31V Roof Sat wiring PDF

Here you go if needed for Tailgator Pro or other Sat roof install.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sat prep_2.pdf (65.4 KB, 71 views)
Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
If you are going portable, you need to use the sat connection in the wet bay, and then look behind the false wall above the TV in the middle cabinet and find the sat connection from wet bay and hook that to the dish receiver. The two connections in the cabinet for SAT are from the roof and only used if you roof mount.

Here's a few more PDFs for wiring and SAT connections and mounting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V 12v RF Harness.pdf (206.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Roof Assembly.pdf (180.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Signal Cable Schematic.pdf (177.7 KB, 21 views)
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #3

Ignore the (first) front hole, lol, but we got our Tailgater hooked up!

“KING DTP4950 DISH Tailgater Pro Bundle - Premium Portable/Roof Mountable Satellite TV Antenna and DISH Wally HD Receiver”

2021 Alante 31V
Attached Thumbnails
EB405995-DB96-4EF9-9D3B-DD2045D06E8A.jpg  
Old 09-28-2021, 01:10 PM   #4

Great work... How did the measurements from the factor work out? Were they pretty accurate? I assume the wiring was no issue once you found them?
Old 09-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Great work... How did the measurements from the factor work out? Were they pretty accurate? I assume the wiring was no issue once you found them?
Well, not exact but we did not give up after first hole. See pics. Yep, just crimped it and plugged receiver in lnb port in cabinet.

Waiting on Dicor to caulk the entire deal.
Attached Thumbnails
82801E20-42DE-42DD-900A-B4017C707144.jpg   AB11689B-31CD-4129-B6AD-45F0F3810514.jpg  
Old 09-29-2021, 07:33 AM   #6

Looks good... Few questions:

1. Is there a reason why you did not hook up the second wire on the roof to the sat, so if you wanted a second wally it would be wired already at least on the roof?

2. Is there a reason for mounting the Sat in the middle of the coach vs the front where the backer plate is?

3. Have you checked behind the false wall to the right of the dish receiver to see if you have the CAT6 cables that go from the main TV to the Bedroom and outside TV? Quick check you can also look behind the fridge vent outside and see a bundle of wires. Look for 2 blue CAT6 in the bundle. Chances are the coach is wired with it and if you wanted to get an HDMI over CAT6 matrix you could then send the Dish programming to any of the TVs, not to mention whatever other sources you have.

I was able to locate mine and get the HDMI matrix box, so now my Dish, DVD, and Chromecast can be on any/all TVs. I got a second remote for the wally and now I can watch Dish outside and control the inside Wally with the second remote. I know more mods, but to be honest, having the 4x4 matrix makes the other TVs more usable.

I'm considering a roof-mount Sat to supplement my portable one. Sometimes, we have a good view of the sky, sometimes we don't, so the portable comes in handy for that, but when not needed it would be nice to use the roof mounted.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #7

INLINE;

Quote:
Looks good... Few questions:

1. Is there a reason why you did not hook up the second wire on the roof to the sat, so if you wanted a second wally it would be wired already at least on the roof?

“TOO CHEAP, lol, someday may add another Wally. When we retire. Suggest the CE2000 from King to make it all nice. We just got Dish in general at home last week. Prepping for a Gatlinburg trip here in Oct. maybe FL in Dec/Christmas.”

2. Is there a reason for mounting the Sat in the middle of the coach vs the front where the backer plate is?

“Somewhere it was recommended to place after AC1 unit, protect Dish from branches, direct contact.”

3. Have you checked behind the false wall to the right of the dish receiver to see if you have the CAT6 cables that go from the main TV to the Bedroom and outside TV? Quick check you can also look behind the fridge vent outside and see a bundle of wires. Look for 2 blue CAT6 in the bundle. Chances are the coach is wired with it and if you wanted to get an HDMI over CAT6 matrix you could then send the Dish programming to any of the TVs, not to mention whatever other sources you have.

“No, not yet, but it does have the CAT6 in fridge section.”

I was able to locate mine and get the HDMI matrix box, so now my Dish, DVD, and Chromecast can be on any/all TVs. I got a second remote for the wally and now I can watch Dish outside and control the inside Wally with the second remote. I know more mods, but to be honest, having the 4x4 matrix makes the other TVs more usable.

“Sounds nice, able to link those mods? Mainly that splitter.”

I'm considering a roof-mount Sat to supplement my portable one. Sometimes, we have a good view of the sky, sometimes we don't, so the portable comes in handy for that, but when not needed it would be nice to use the roof mounted.
“Yep, if need be, I can dismount the Dish and put on table w/ 50 foot cable direct to receiver, or get that tripod, etc, I did purchase/install the extra disconnect mount, so I can store Dish away.”
Old 09-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #8

The one I have came from another Jayco owner who removed it from his coach and it came as OEM, so not branded.

See the thread on it here...
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...set-66242.html

At the main TV, you need the splitter, then at each of the TVs (Main, Bedroom, outside) you would need the passive receiver to plug to the other side of the CAT6. You might be able to find this cheaper, if you can locate the unbranded version. Link below. This is the name branded version (Tripplite) of this device.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Tr...65410270&psc=1

This is the exact model that I have and that Jayco used to include with the coach, can be hard to find. Either one will work for you.
https://www.cablingsys.com/iteminfo....14-MTX-C5E-404
https://www.cablingsys.com/pdf/2011/p06.pdf
Old 09-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #9

Thanks.

Makes sense, cheaper than wifi method, was also looking at;

IOGEAR GWHDMS52MBK2 Wireless HDMI 1080P 3D Long-Range Matrix Pro Computer/TV/Projector Video Audio with 1 Additional Receiver Expandable KIT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB2ZXK6...GXBSCN7W7ZNKQS

#Bru_Tube

Old 10-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #10

Foretm,

I ordered that matrix and receivers on eBay for about $197 out the door. Thanks for info!

#Bru_Tube

Old 10-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #11

Awesome... When you get around to doing it, holler with any questions. The Bedroom TV was the toughest for me, since the wiring was in the wall. Pull a drawer or two from the left side and you should see the cables behind the outside TV. Outside TV, had to unscrew the TV mount to reach behind, no big deal. Main TV, had to pull the false wall that has the sat roof ports on it and find the cat6 cables and fish them through the existing hole.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Awesome... When you get around to doing it, holler with any questions. The Bedroom TV was the toughest for me, since the wiring was in the wall. Pull a drawer or two from the left side and you should see the cables behind the outside TV. Outside TV, had to unscrew the TV mount to reach behind, no big deal. Main TV, had to pull the false wall that has the sat roof ports on it and find the cat6 cables and fish them through the existing hole.

Will do, thanks. Maybe get my teenager to record some of it and put on YouTube, lol.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #13

Easy enough. Now to find the TV ends. Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
E32A46B9-ABB7-45F2-9CDE-0EAFD31D06BA.jpg  
Old 10-08-2021, 05:36 PM   #14

Bedroom tv cat6 right behind coax panel.

Outdoor tv has strange contraption, may see if rv dealer can tackle that next year.

But all good! Thanks Foretm!
Attached Thumbnails
0C463813-3F81-4DF4-85E2-E4747F7935BE.jpg  
Old 10-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #15

Awesome.... I'm in for the night, but tomorrow i'll check what I had to do to get mine out for the outside TV. Don't recall it being too much of an issue, so maybe we can save you a trip to the dealer.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Awesome.... I'm in for the night, but tomorrow i'll check what I had to do to get mine out for the outside TV. Don't recall it being too much of an issue, so maybe we can save you a trip to the dealer.
We got it figured out this weekend, so all good! Had to stop by a Ryobi outlet store and pick up a drill bit set to pop off plate to get to wires. Could not pop out drawers but had just enough room to grab the cat6 with one of those gripper/grabber arms you find at a junk store.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:28 AM   #17

Nice, glad you found a way to get to it. Now that you mention it, I didn't have the proper bit either, but used a similar sized torx which worked enough to get the wire out. So TV3 is hooked up now too?
Old 10-25-2021, 07:46 AM   #18

Yep, all hooked up. Have a Christmas trip planned to FL, hopefully we try it out then.

#Bru_Tube

Old 10-25-2021, 08:03 AM   #19

Sounds good... We're in Fort White, about 50 miles NW of Gainesville.