Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #1

2015/16 Precept 29um/ur

Quick couple questions guys. I have a 2015 Hurricane 27k which is a bit small for us so I'm looking at the 29 precept. I really like the bunks in a small MH. Are there HDMI cables ran to all the TV's? My hurricane has it and its great. I noticed the 16's have 4k TV's so I'm thinking there has to be HDMI cables ran already. And does the inverter power up all the TV's when not running the gen? And one last one, the rear bed slide has no topper, has anyone had any problems/leaks??? Thx

Found a few 2015 29um's for 79k.
lakings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #2

We have a 2015 29UM and love it so far. The TV's do not have HDMI throughout, though the TV's have HDMI inputs. In fact they use RCA audio and standard yellow video for distribution rather than component input. It's not an optimal setup. We use the HDMI to hook up an Xbox 360 for the kids however. And no the gen has to run for the TV's to be on. We have just resigned to the fact that the generator will always be on anytime we are underway. And not sure about the rear slide. One heavy rain thus far and no issues but that is far from conclusive. Good luck!
AugerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerN View Post
We have a 2015 29UM and love it so far. The TV's do not have HDMI throughout, though the TV's have HDMI inputs. In fact they use RCA audio and standard yellow video for distribution rather than component input. It's not an optimal setup. We use the HDMI to hook up an Xbox 360 for the kids however. And no the gen has to run for the TV's to be on. We have just resigned to the fact that the generator will always be on anytime we are underway. And not sure about the rear slide. One heavy rain thus far and no issues but that is far from conclusive. Good luck!

Thx for the input! I can't figure out my manufactures don't run HDMI cables. Also what do you think of the 79k price tag on leftover 15's?
lakings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #4

I have the 31UL. My TV's will run off the DC power when stationary. No gen needed. But they do shut off as soon as you turn on the engine. There is a fix for that if you want the TV's on for your kids while driving, you can search the forum for that.
Newbie31UL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #5

I will have to try again while off the generator. I do know that every time the generator lost power while driving, that the Xbox and all tvs powered off with everything else save the LED lights.

I do feel like $79k is a reasonable price. When we looked, when couldn't find anything comparable (and we wanted the bunks) at that price point with similar amenities.
AugerN is offline   Reply With Quote