Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #21

Thank you. They couldn't polish out the scratches on the windshield?
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Thank you. They couldn't polish out the scratches on the windshield?
I asked about that. They said no, due to UV coating on the windshield. This surprised me, but that’s what they said. Must mean that the popular automotive chip repair technique can’t be used on these windshields either. Hmmm . . .
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
I asked about that. They said no, due to UV coating on the windshield. This surprised me, but that’s what they said. Must mean that the popular automotive chip repair technique can’t be used on these windshields either. Hmmm . . .

We had rock chip repair done on our '16 35S no problems.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #24

JAYCO replaced my windshield.
anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #25

Thanks. Mine has been at the Jayco dealer for a couple of weeks and they are going to fix them but because of holidays they said it might be a couple more weeks. At least they going t9 di it and not make me fight with Ford. I think an argument could be made for this being either a Jayco or Ford issue. It’s nice have a great Jayco dealer that works with us.
2010 Chevy HHR Toad
Jday7757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
JAYCO replaced my windshield.
My Dealer called me yesterday and said they were going to try to polish it out. We'll see. I have my doubts. Ted
Old 11-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #27

While my Precept is at the dealers waiting for the parts to fix the wiper blades, they are also supposed to be checking as to whether they can fix the windshield as opposed to replacing it. Although the "damage" looked like scratches to me, I couldn't really feel anything, but I also couldn't wipe it off (didn't try very hard). The dealer thinks it could be rubber residue from the wiper slapping back on the windshield after it had gone off the edge. To me, if it was residue I should have been able to feel it. Anyway, we'll see. I trust my dealer to make it right, one way or the other.
2010 Chevy HHR Toad
Jday7757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #28

Dealer is replacing windshield. Polish did not work. We all knew about this wiper issue. Jayco doesn't? Odd.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Dealer is replacing windshield. Polish did not work. We all knew about this wiper issue. Jayco doesn't? Odd.
From my own personal experience I can assure you that Jayco is thoroughly familiar with the wiper issues. . . . We drove to Middlebury UNANNOUNCED and they immediately said that our windshield and it’s drive mechanism needed to be replaced. Problem had been CAUSED by an overly eager tech at the dealership, who thought he was doing us a favor by making a “minor adjustment” at the wiper mounting hub. That is a no-no. We knew that the adjustment had been made, but it took a period of days for us to realize the consequences because it hadn’t been raining.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #30

Quote:
From my own personal experience I can assure you that Jayco is thoroughly familiar with the wiper issues. . . . We drove to Middlebury UNANNOUNCED and they immediately said that our windshield and it’s drive mechanism needed to be replaced. Problem had been CAUSED by an overly eager tech at the dealership, who thought he was doing us a favor by making a “minor adjustment” at the wiper mounting hub. That is a no-no. We knew that the adjustment had been made, but it took a period of days for us to realize the consequences because it hadn’t been raining.
I'm surprised Jayco didn't blame me for damaging the windshield. I had evidence that I mentioned this issue at my PDI walk through.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #31

Quote:
I'm surprised Jayco didn't blame me for damaging the windshield. I had evidence that I mentioned this issue at my PDI walk through.
Interestingly enough, the folks at Jayco CS showed no interest whatsoever in determining when, how, or where the problem had originated. They have been great to work with.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #32

Picked up my 2017 Precept 31UL from the dealer today. I contacted my dealer about the wiper/windshield problem November 1st. The windshield was replaced 12/22/17. Let me quote the warranty order "fix". "CAUSE: Tech called Jayco and was told there is no adjustment. The way the glass is designed the wipers have to over extend to clear the rest of the glass." It was raining/snowing here this morning. YEP! You guessed it. The replacement windshield is scratched again! It stops "slapping" the windshield at 32mph. (I have a video of problem.) Where can I get this fixed in the greater Cincinnati area? Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Picked up my 2017 Precept 31UL from the dealer today. I contacted my dealer about the wiper/windshield problem November 1st. The windshield was replaced 12/22/17. Let me quote the warranty order "fix". "CAUSE: Tech called Jayco and was told there is no adjustment. The way the glass is designed the wipers have to over extend to clear the rest of the glass." It was raining/snowing here this morning. YEP! You guessed it. The replacement windshield is scratched again! It stops "slapping" the windshield at 32mph. (I have a video of problem.) Where can I get this fixed in the greater Cincinnati area? Merry Christmas
I can assure you with 100% certainty that there IS plenty of adjustment available. Our driver’s side wiper only goes a small amount outboard of vertical AFTER ADJUSTMENT. The adjustment was done by a CS tech in Middlebury with whom I spoke at length.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #34

"CS Tech"?
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #35

Quote:
"CS Tech"?
Jayco Motorized Customer Service.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #36

We have a 2016 Precept and had nitemare wiper issues. After some experimentation found the only way we could get actual wiping in the rain was to downsize to 28" wipers which can be obtained thru Amazon for Trico series 67 or Autotex 78-28 which seem to be holding up better than the last Trico.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:42 AM   #37

Precept wipers

Quote:
I can assure you with 100% certainty that there IS plenty of adjustment available. Our driver’s side wiper only goes a small amount outboard of vertical AFTER ADJUSTMENT. The adjustment was done by a CS tech in Middlebury with whom I spoke at length.
My wiper problem was fixed wit a weld. Dealer insisted there is no adjustment. Wipers seem to be working ok, for now. We'll find out today.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #38

Quote:
My wiper problem was fixed wit a weld. Dealer insisted there is no adjustment. Wipers seem to be working ok, for now. We'll find out today.
If your dealer is right, then there is more than one version of drive mechanism loose in the world. That’s all we need!!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #39

Send a message via Skype™ to viking42
I have a 2016 Jayco Alante and my wipers are bad. I tried both the Trico 324 and 321 and the 321 wouldn't work and the 324 WOULD NOT LOCK so to all who have changed to 324's please make sure they lock. I don't know what brand the factory used but would like some ideas. Thanks
viking42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking42 View Post
I have a 2016 Jayco Alante and my wipers are bad. I tried both the Trico 324 and 321 and the 321 wouldn't work and the 324 WOULD NOT LOCK so to all who have changed to 324's please make sure they lock. I don't know what brand the factory used but would like some ideas. Thanks
We installed the 324 with no problem on our 2016 Alante. Locked in great and used past 8 months over 7k miles.