Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #21

Jack clearance?

@Palms,

Explain the jack clearance? Is that from Jack to ground when retracted? I have dragged the rear jacks 2 times going from street level into parking lots.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #22

Hi NickM, it's the distance between the jack plate bottom and the ground when retracted. It was less than 7" on ours and Jayco said should be 10". They told me to advise them of a quote to have them done and I got a tech who told me $150, which I submitted and was pre-approved.

After doing job tech said was $150 for rear jacks but that since I needed and had done all, the bill was $300. I had told Jayco thinking it was $150 for the four. I never clarified, it was clearly my mistake as I unknowingly told them.

All 4 were raised to the proper height and the jacks haven't dragged since. Jayco hasn't paid the $150 or $300 on the bill submitted on 6/19. The tech did check the time job rate and it would have been a lot more than quoted for even the two jacks.

FYI, I also have a pre-approved $50 bill submitted 5/26 pending payment with Jayco for a refrigerator not working on LP (a problem that has now occurred a 3rd time and Orlando RV can't schedule until August to diagnose and fix, along with an internal wall and trim coming apart and several compartment doors really hard to close as rubbing), as well as a $107.95 pre-approved alignment submitted to Tampa RV on 5/5.

Both Tampa and Orlando RV are part of RVOne and the one in Tampa had the Precept 35S with the options we wanted so bought there vs. Orlando, although more than an additional 2 hr. drive round trip.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
I live in Western Washington and it does in fact rain here. I have had 5 water leaks, one is the living room slide and it's been in 3 times to be fixed and it still leaks. The next step is getting it in so they can replace all the seals. The outside TV compartment was leaking and I fixed that as the dealer misdiagnosed the problem. I've had other issues too Schwintek cable got severed because the cable wasn't routed properly, leveling jacks would not signal they were not down after retracting and I'm getting some blisters forming under the wall covering.
Sorry to hear about the leaks I too have a leak in my TV compartment (2015 31UL) how did you fix your leak and where was it?

Dave
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #24

Jacks and leaks

Good to know about the jacks, I'll have my dealer adjust them when I take it in for my end of summer punch list.

Very hard rains today at different times and so far none of the leaks on the bed slide have happened again. I believe the problem only exists with high wind and rain coming off the Ohio river right at the bed slide.

However, sometime early this morning the awning collected too much water and the front mechanism collapsed, bent like a pretzel. 2 golf carts as anchors and come alongs got it straightened enough to reel it in. Totally mangled though.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #25
GJB

Don't waste your time trying to deal with RV One. They are the most disappointing link in the RV experience. Hard to get an honest answer out of them if they even bother to reply.
Go directly to JAYCO and they will help any way they can. I too made the mistake of dealing with RV One.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #26

We are about a month into our 2017 Precept 35S. Starting to compile a list for warranty service. The 4 issues of main concern right now are :
1. The water pump intermittently cycles with no call from any faucets. ( No leaks detected).
2. Small amount of hydraulic fluid dripping from pump/tank area.
3. Auto level doesn't seem to be working properly ( lifts all wheels off the ground)
4. Slide out wiper seal in living room makes a very loud squeaking noise when extending and retracting. The seal is folded in in spots when extended.

Has anyone dealt with any of theses issues?
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #27

In regards to your #4: The seal on my LR slide folds in on the top 6-8" when the slideout is being extended. I noticed this during an earlier walk through on the unit I purchased and it resulted in water leaking even when the slide is closed. For now I make a point of manually unfolding it to properly position it. Since it only occurs occasionally I have chosen to live with it for now but will have it taken care of before my warranty period is up. I believe you will have water issues if it's not addressed. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #28

Thanks for your input. I'm going to try some Thetford rubber seal conditioner to see if that helps. For now I will manually fold out seal when I retract slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar RviBrake3
Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown View Post
Sorry to hear about the leaks I too have a leak in my TV compartment (2015 31UL) how did you fix your leak and where was it?

Dave
The reason it leaked was that there was little overlap of the TV compartment flange over the siding. I removed all the existing silicone caulking (which wasn't much), I then cleaned the surfaces with alcohol. I bought a small tube of clear 30 year silicone seal and cut off a tiny piece of the end of the tube so I could run a small bead of silicone. I masked off 1/8 beyond the flange of the siding and used wide putty knife to pry the flange/ siding open and ran a bead of silicone deep behind the flange. Everyday for 4 days I repeated this until I had silicon all the way to the outside of the flange. I then ran beads of silicon around the flange/siding in three steps (removed masking tape after first bead was cured) each time using my pinky to "tool" the surface until I had a nice curved bead of silicone for the water to run off.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #30

I always deal directly with Jayco, and they have been great so far. Now out of warranty so it's on me. Forget 95% of dealers doing anything right, or doing it at all. RV one is in the forget catigory.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsnc View Post
I always deal directly with Jayco, and they have been great so far. Now out of warranty so it's on me. Forget 95% of dealers doing anything right, or doing it at all. RV one is in the forget catigory.
Yes about RV one I'm starting to find that out. Has anyone ever gone to the Jayco factory in Indiana?
Old 07-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
Yes about RV one I'm starting to find that out. Has anyone ever gone to the Jayco factory in Indiana?
I've been there twice, and you couldn't ask for a better service experience. They really do seem dedicated to making the customer happy, within the boundaries of the categories of service that they aim to provide.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #33

Great to know Will have to plan a trip there Do they have camping facilities there?

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Old 07-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
Great to know Will have to plan a trip there Do they have camping facilities there?

I'm not aware of any camping facilities, but I believe they will allow you to dry camp overnight in their parking lot. At least, I was asked if we wanted to do that. We chose the hotel down the road. It is exceptionally nice.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
I'm not aware of any camping facilities, but I believe they will allow you to dry camp overnight in their parking lot. At least, I was asked if we wanted to do that. We chose the hotel down the road. It is exceptionally nice.

Thanks will check into that

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Old 07-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #36

We were there 2 weeks ago to get a couple things fixed. They do have electrical hook-ups in their parking lot for about 10 RVs. If we ever need any more service it will be there. We were in and out in about an hour. Great service.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
The reason it leaked was that there was little overlap of the TV compartment flange over the siding. I removed all the existing silicone caulking (which wasn't much), I then cleaned the surfaces with alcohol. I bought a small tube of clear 30 year silicone seal and cut off a tiny piece of the end of the tube so I could run a small bead of silicone. I masked off 1/8 beyond the flange of the siding and used wide putty knife to pry the flange/ siding open and ran a bead of silicone deep behind the flange. Everyday for 4 days I repeated this until I had silicon all the way to the outside of the flange. I then ran beads of silicon around the flange/siding in three steps (removed masking tape after first bead was cured) each time using my pinky to "tool" the surface until I had a nice curved bead of silicone for the water to run off.
Vicr,
Thanks I found my leak it was the gap btw the TV compartment flange over the siding the sealant opened up. I added new clear Quad sealant and fixed the leak.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThompson View Post
We were there 2 weeks ago to get a couple things fixed. They do have electrical hook-ups in their parking lot for about 10 RVs. If we ever need any more service it will be there. We were in and out in about an hour. Great service.
Good to know. What type of service did you have them do? Thanks
Old 07-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #39

I had an inverter replaced, a leak on the macerator fixed, and had the awning secured to the rail mounted on the rv.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #40

Well, one trip before the dealer gets it and the list grows.

Now the wipers will randomly stop and park in the middle of the windshield.

Had a huge wet spot from light rain from the LR slide. That makes all 3 slides leaking water.

So frustrated I even bought this pile. Goes in the 22nd for what my service guy called the longest repair list he ever saw. Plus it's growing now.
dlibson is offline   Reply With Quote