Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

2018 33u Precept Macerator

I have tried to research exactly how this pump works but i have not had much luck, can someone direct me to a youtube video or explain in detail how this works? Does it work with both the front and rear tanks? thanks
advplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by advplasma View Post
I have tried to research exactly how this pump works but i have not had much luck, can someone direct me to a youtube video or explain in detail how this works? Does it work with both the front and rear tanks? thanks
Following. Same here on our 36T. Odd that frt tanks can use maserator and rear tanks can't..
dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:02 AM   #3

On my 35S the macerator is common to both black and grey tanks. Either can dump through the macerator.

Typically one would only use the macerator on a black tank to grind up solids for disposal through a smaller than normal hose. The macerator motor does not need to run when dumping grey water through the smaller hose.

If you have two black tanks and the macerator is only connected to one tank that would appear to be poor engineering on Jayco's part.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

Many rigs have separate dump tanks, not just Jayco

In regard to the fact that some rigs have two separate dump tank areas, it's not really a function of "poor engineering", but rather the limitations (compromise) of what is possible on a chassis built by others (Ford), and in giving customers what they want. I have two friends who just bought their rigs, in one case a top-of-the-line 5th wheel and the other a 34' Coachman. Both have two bathrooms (my 31UL does not of course). And both of them have two separate black tanks that do not join together. That's just the way it is as "s**t has to roll downhill"! Now one could argue that with a macerator with such awesome pumping capability, a piping system could be designed to pump up-and-over the Ford chassis to get to a common flush point but then you'd have the macerator located too far up-the-line (and therefore it wouldn't get flushed out and "cleaned" when you drain the grey tank. Like everything else in our RV's, it's always a compromise. Personally I don't see the need for two toilets in such a small space, but then again I thought I needed three TV's, when all I ever seem to use is one! C'est la vie
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

I have a 36U with two black tanks ( bath and a half ) and I can use the macerator on both black tanks and the grey tank or I can by pass it and use the regular dump valve and the bigger hose. So far I've only used the macerator to empty all the tanks. Very clean and easy.
GCSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #6

following, I to would like to see step by step.
johnharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #7

Hose end in sewer opening, open black tank valve, turn on macerator, after black tank empties dump your grey tank to flush the line. Turn off macerator, close all valves and let your macerator line drain then put it away. Easy peasy.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #8

NickM is right on!
oventek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #9

Still looking to adapt a clear section to the hose/sewer connector to visualize a good flush. Now have the heavier “Entegra” cover over the hose which limits space in compartment on our 17 35S.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #10

I also do as NickM says. For two people in our 31ul I dump the gray every day. In actuality I get about a day and a half per our small 40 gallon tanks with taking showers. Of course this is on a sewer connection. We dump black once a week almost always at a black dump I use the black flush feature. The macerator is easy and clean.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:42 AM   #11

Hawkster nailed it. We have been living in our 35S since Dec. 28. I dump the grey every two days, sometimes sooner. It lets me know when it begins to fill up by gurgling loudly from the kitchen sink.

The macerator storage bin is crowded enough as is, I certainly wouldn't add anything else to force stuff the hose back into the bin.

I would look for a clear hose end if you need to watch for clean water. The only time I use the macerator hose is to dump grey water on the ground in parks that allow it. It's never had black water through it and I don't intend to use it that way.

I have had two neighbors in our seasonal site on the Ohio River that use 100' of 1 inch hose connected to an add-on macerator. They camp close to the dump site and roll out that hose when emptying tanks. Our seasonal doesn't have sewer hookups so I use the blue "honey wagon" when on the river. I guess it's useful to pump sewage over long distances but otherwise the standard hose system works well enough for me.