Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #1

2018 Alante Tire Pressure...

Hi all,

We're going to pick up our 2018 Alante 31v next week, and I have no idea what the best tire pressure should be for the best handling.

Perhaps 90 rear and 85 front?

Thanks!!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #2

The only way to determine that accurately is load it and head to the scales. Once that's done get out the tire pressure charts.

Michelin RV Tires | View Michelin RV Tires load and inflation tables for motorhomes and recreational vehicles. | Michelin RV Tires
Old 08-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #3

Thanks Grump....

I need to tell the TPMS folks how to program the tire pressure monitor before they ship it, so I need a starting point for the initial programming. I think that the 19.5 in tires on the Alante are Goodyear, for the 2018's.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
RWK

Congrats on the new coach. Our 31V was delivered to us with all four at 90 pounds from the dealer. The sticker inside said they should be at 80 lbs. It road horrible both ways. We max loaded it a after a long trip and got professional suspension help. Added a leaf spring and a spacer, new Koni shocks and a good anti sway for the rear end. Also put the Roadmaster steering stabilizer on the front. Rides great now. The suspension folks delivered back to me with 86 lbs in all four tires after all the fixes. It's really up to you, how you feel the coach handles and how much you load it. We tow 4 door Jeep Rubicon so we also opted to upgrade our hitch. We still keep are cargo carrying and our tow weights in line with our overall 23K GCWR. Even with all the extra money we put into it, we are happy with our choice....... Tough first year of fixes, little and big. We were told to persevere and it's all worked out fine.
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote