Here is a photo collection of the solar upgrade: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QrNn5fLx5vzLFmJj8
The factory pre-wiring was indeed 8 AWG as indicated on the schematics. Unlike the Jayco trailers, there was no interior run to an accessible location for inside mounting of the controller. (I inquired with Jayco on this: their response was to mount at the terminating point near the battery tray.) My updates included:
- 2 (two) Duracell 6V GC2 (golf cart) batteries 215 AH
- GP-30-PWM-30-UL Go Power! dual bank charging controller
- 10 ft 8 AWG MC4 extension cables (pair) to connect panels to roof junction
- 190W solar module (GP-PV-190M)
- all 8 AWG wiring from controller to batteries
- Hinged Cover Transparent Lid IP65 Waterproof Plastic Enclosure (220×170×110mm)
Given the need to mount near the batteries, I placed the controller inside the IP65 box, currently secured to the battery tray. I may relocate that to the adjacent storage compartment (either inside or outside, TBD).
It's all working as a charger - tested it this week overnight dry camping. One problem still - the Bluetooth connection is not stable. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I've tested it with latest versions of both iOS and Android 10 with similar results. I suspect the app is of low quality - I will be contacting Go Power! support for assistance.