Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #21

Jesse, you said you used a marine antenna. Is that correct. If so which one and does it come with enough antenna wire?
JoePazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePazo View Post
Jesse, you said you used a marine antenna. Is that correct. If so which one and does it come with enough antenna wire?
I posted a link to the antenna on post #20, and yes it comes with about 20' of cable.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #23

I put my antenna under the fiberglass roof. There is a steel crossbar, behind the windshield, above the headliner. I ran the antenna wire, under the dash, up the driver's side windshield pillar (behind the upholstery), over the headliner & attached the magnetic "puck, on top of the crossbar. The signal goes through the fiberglass, as if it wasn't there. I've been north, south, east, west, & have never lost the signal.

Jeff
cartpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #24

I mounted my antenna the same way and just used a little square of Velcro to keep it from moving around. Like the previous poster, the antenna works great there; I get great reception traveling in all directions. The fiberglass roof definitely does not affect it at all.
2010 Chevy HHR Toad
Jday7757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #25

Thanks Jeff & Jim, was it easy to get under the headliner once you take the side pillar?
dtp322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #26

The way I did it (I have a Precept 31UL) was that I reached up towards the top corner (driver's side) of the windshield and there is a space between the windshield and a flat area up there. I placed the small square antenna up on that flat area and then ran the wire down the side pillar area and then under the dash to the back of the stereo. So, I couldn't actually see the area where I placed the antenna but I didn't have to put it under any material or anything. If you have the same model MH as I do, this will make more sense when you do it.
2010 Chevy HHR Toad
Jday7757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #27

I have the drop down bunk, above the driver/passenger seats, so I had to climb up on it, to do it. I'm not sure if it made it easier but I'm no spring chicken, so I think not. LOL As I remember, once the side pillar cover is off, it's pretty easy to pull down the corner of the headliner, a bit, to see the crossbar & get my hand in there. Since the antenna has a magnet, you just put it on top of the bar, between it & the roof.

On a side note, I got the Sirius, from https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV...0V1-Tuner.html

It $69.99 with free shipping. Sirius offers a $70 rebate (mine also included a 3 month subscription, too), so I ended up be paid 1 penny + free trial subscription, for buying it. It made up for having to crawl around, installing it.

Jeff
cartpix is offline   Reply With Quote