Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 09:18 PM   #1

2020 Alante 27a Grey Tank(s)?

We have a new Alante 27a and we have two grey tank valves. One in next to the black water tank and one sticks out under the vehicle. We had to pull both valves to get the grey water tanks to drain. We are trying to understand how many tanks we have and what flows where, but the user manual is not very helplful. Can anyone tell me how many tanks we have and help me understand the valves? Thank you
april828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:30 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF and the RV world we get to play in.
It looks like your floor plan has the kitchen sink on the drivers side towards the front and the bathroom and shower in the rear on the passenger side. I could not see any info in the specs but I am guessing you have 2 grey tanks - 1 for the kitchen and another for the rear bath. The valves must be connected in series if you have to open both to empty.
Do you have 2 grey level tank monitors or only one? This should be an indicator of how many tanks you have.
It doesn’t sound like your PDI was very thorough or else the person providing it wasn’t as knowledgeable as one would have hoped. If that’s the case I would bypass the dealer and call Jayco Motorized CS directly. Have your VIN # handy. Explain your lack of understanding concerning the grey water system and ask how it works. If the rep can’t help you then ask to speak with a technician who does understand it. Also, provide your email address and ask for a diagram or description of the grey water system as it applies to your model. Be polite and professional and it will go a long ways toward getting what you need. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #3

You are correct that the tech that did our walk through at the dealership didn't know why we had the second valve. Great advice about calling Jayco. I'm going to give them a call. Thank you!
april828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #4

We have the Entegra Vision 27A which is the basic same coach. There is only one grey tank but it is located on the passenger side. You are correct that you have two valves but they are for the same tank. Due to the distance from the main dump valve a secondary valve had to be installed near the tank for cautionary purposes is the reason I got from Jayco/Entegra tech support to keep the drain pipe from breaking if it was loaded with the weight of the water in pipe due to length and vibration going down the road. Procedure is connect stinky slinky, dump black water, close. Then open grey tank valve connected by cable then open main grey water dump valve. You may want to rinse black water tank via tank rinse in wet bay then dump gray to rinse inside of the stinky slinky.
Pipebndr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alante, dumping, grey water, newby