Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #1

Smile 2020 Precept Prestige Macerator

I can truly tell you that I was not prepared to have or need to use a macerator with its own high pressure take-off hose. It sounds really cool until it stops working or the hose under pressure springs a leak while your emptying your black tank.
I really do not want to use it, and scary as it may sound, I'm fine with using the stinky slinky. Now where's where it gets interesting. I can use the stinky slink to empty the tanks, BUT the pressurized macerator hose fills with with black thank material nonetheless. Yuck, so now I have a stinky slink, which works fine, but I also have a macerator hose I need to empty and cleanout every time I dump my tanks.

My question I need your help with is,

Would there be an issues if I capped the 1 1/2" macerator flow pipe off? This would get rid of the need to clean out two dump systems.

HELP HELP HELP

John
johnscavone is offline   Reply With Quote