Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2021, 05:32 PM   #1

2021 alante 27a new

Hi all,thinking about buying a new alante 27a
from MA
i;ve been lurking here a few days. looks like a
great and usefull site,
thanks
hawkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #2

2021 Alante 27A

We have just purchased the 2021 Alante 27A. We are a little west of you in mass but we bought ours in Albany NY. The folks there treated us very good and I think we got a decent price on it. Though probably could do better! We have already put 1500 miles or so on it. The new Godzilla engine from ford runs really good. Only couple issues so far. The sliding door to bedroom fell off the track. Pretty easy fix. Hot water heater makes a clicking sound at times when on electric only. Haven’t figured that one out yet. Going in couple days to weigh it at a place in Bushnell Florida to see how we are. They weigh each corner not just by axle.
Little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #3

Oh yeah and..

The cable tv doesn’t work. Thanks to this forum I looked behind the panel in cabinet where the blue ray player is. Sure enough catv wires are not hooked up to the antenna/splitter/booster switch. Just a maze of wires back there. The antenna is only one plugged in so rv does get good local hd stations. I did email Jayco for a print and they sent it!! We are on the road for another week or so ,when we get home I will be tearing into it to hopefully fix it!
Old 02-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #4

gl

Thanks for reply,
Taking ours on a test drive this Saturday, Did you find any handling issues ?
I'm a carpenter and dont have a problem with minor issues, allthough i hate electrical problems. Good luck with tv, let us know with any other issues.
BTW i live in central MA but work in West Stockbridge, close to Albany.
Thanks Pete
Old 02-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #5

I feel like it handles pretty good. It doesn’t have the ford death wobble! They beefed up the suspension and sway bars on the chassis. You do feel the wind and the aero push when being passed by and or when passing tractor trailers. But other than that it feels good. Not much sway when cornering.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #6

So, we were unable to do our test drive this weekend.
Or salesmen was off last week,did'nt know the rv did'nt get moved from show.
Theres 10 5th wheelers in front of it, to get it out of the show,
Hate this dealer allready,lol, but our minds are set on the 27a and they are the only dealer in all of new england.
We could buy in another part of the country, but would still have to bring it here for service.
Ugh
Maybe service is better than salesman, i hope
we want to buy
Old 02-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #7

He did makes things right though, they have a new one coming in this week
and we'll be test driving, hopefully next weekend. We feel better about a new, new
then a show vehichle
Old 02-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #8

Sorry to hear that. We liked the salesman we had at Albany rv. His name is josh. Young Josh. I guess there are 2 Josh’s there. I don’t know if they have another 27A yet, they did have the 26x when we bought our 27A. We just got home from our first trip. The rv runs good. We were getting between 8 1/2 to 9 miles to the gallon. Cruises nice at right around 70. Put about 2700 miles on it and no mechanical problem at all. At this point we are happy with it. We did spend a night in a flying j truck stop in North Carolina due to ice storm in Virginia. Slept in the bunk above the cab. Pretty comfortable! Everyone we dealt with at Albany Rv was very nice and took time to help us out. I will go back there.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:39 PM   #9

Got to take the 27a for a test drive yesterday. After reading all the bad reviews about the bad handling issues, i was a bit nervous (have'nt driven anything bigger than a f250 with a 16' trailer) We are set on the 27a and i wanted to figure out how much i would have to spend on stabalizers, shocks, steering stabalizer etc. after the purchace to make it drivable in comfort.
I had the salesman bring it up on the highway over to there side lot, so i could get a feel for it. My wife went first in the lot and did a great job(nothing bigger than a mini van) she backed into a spot first time and loved the cameras on 3 sides. shes in !!!
My turn, around the lot, backing up was a breeze(no cameras for me, too old school lol) Back to the main lot, over a long bridge over the Connecticut river, doing 65 on a crowded highway i got hit by a 25 mph gust, i felt it. but trailer handled fine.
Im quite happy with the way the 27a handles !
Signing next friday, yeah

BTW Do we ever share buying prices on this site ? Just curious
Old 02-21-2021, 03:57 PM   #10

Glad to hear you liked the 27A. We paid 94,000. I saw on this forum someone in western pa paid 91000 back in December 2020. We are happy with the price we paid and with the dealership. Make sure to check that the cable tv hookups are all hooked up!! We have the modern farmhouse interior. Bunk above cab and exterior tv/stereo. But no tv in bedroom.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #11

Ahhh, decided to buy. picking up next friday, getting excited. Hoping pdi goes well
Old 03-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #12

Congratulations!

I think you will enjoy the rv! I have been fine tuning a few things with ours. I took the panel off that is where the blue ray player is. Sure enough the catv wires weren’t connected. I did find them and a splitter. I hooked up a black cable and orange cable to the antenna booster/ catv block. Cable tv now works. Though the catv and satellite connections in the wet bay are reversed. Easy swap there. Also installed insulation behind the exterior tv. We had felt a cold breeze coming from under the couch so when I looked behind that tv it’s wide open. Put some fiber board and also r-19 in that area. Seems better. Also when we were driving south in January my feet were very cold even with the heat on. So I stuffed some insulation in the area by the accelerator. Then I found that the heater duct that is supposed to blow on my feet was covered by the plastic dash material!! I just cut the material away. Not leaving again for a week or so but I am guessing it will be warmer. The other thing that happened was the slide rail for the cab over bunk was very loose. Actually made slots in the wall under the rail. I guess they missed the stud. Put some anchors in and am making a clamp to hold it steady. With all that said we are happy with the rig!! I knew things would happen and so far nothing has been to big a deal to fix. Hopefully you won’t have any issues with yours. Good luck with it. And safe travels!!
Old 03-17-2021, 01:08 PM   #13

Alante 27A looking

We have a Jayco Melbourne and now we have decided to go a little bigger.
Looked online to many RV motor homes around the 28 and 29 feet and they all seem to copy each other. We have narrowed it down to just a few like the Fleetwood and Alante.
Those that have the Alante 27A do you have comments as to the purchase and your feelings so far on owning this particular rig.
I feel that the Jayco with the two-year warranty seems to be the leading contender. Even though we had some issues with the Jayco they stood behind it for warranty service. I hope that has not changed with the new ownership of Thor.
Any information as to what you like and dislike about the Alante now that you might have had a chance to use it and evaluate your purchase.
Garry
gfisher100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #14

I have tried twice to reply
Old 03-17-2021, 05:18 PM   #15

Ok. Maybe I did something wrong earlier. Anyway. We like the Alante so far. Got 2700 miles on it since we bought it in January of this year. So far the few things we had to fix I think are minor. Though they do speak to quality and or process! The windshield is far away from the driver and passenger making it hard to access for gps. So we put it on the console,which bounces around a lot on bad roads We like the shower thought the bathroom overall is tight. Also the king size bed is nice! I do like how it rides and drives. So far so good. Good luck with your search! Tom
Old 03-19-2021, 01:47 PM   #16

Hi, We just picked up Alante 27A last Friday. Drove and handled very well on the 100 mile ride home. Explored the inside, outside and everything we could,
(its still winterized) My wife and I are both happy with the purchace so far.
Took it out today for an inspection sticker (Passed) and took it for a 2 hour drive, just to get used to it(its our first motorhome) Its very easy to drive.
Wish i could give more info, and will as i start my upgrades this weekend.
First up- install tv mount and tv in bedroom.
Good luck with your decision, hope you find a better dealership than us, i asked about a keyless entry 2 weeks ago still no reply. Called Jayco direct today and was told it was not available.
Pete
Old 03-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #17

Congratulations

Wish you safe and happy travels!!! We are out on our second road trip since January. So far so good. Pulling a trailer this time with bike in it. Cut down the fuel economy a little but handles well!!
Old 03-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #18

Good luck on your second trip hope you enjoy! Still playing with ours untill dewinterization. I got tv installed, furnace-hw-ref. vent covers, bath exhaust cover, snap pads installed, first coat of wax.
Picked up a Garmin rv 785, seems my usb under radio, 2-usb passenger side and 110 outlet on passenger side are;nt working or blew a fuse (check that out next weekend) Agree on gps to far from windshield and bumpy on console, i attached it to a glass plate and it helps on console. It now sits to low to be able to use the dash cam. I came up with a fix and will try it next weekend, let you know.
Plan on dewinterizing 4/17, our first weekend trip 4/30
Be safe, happy camping
Pete
Old 03-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #19

Sounds like you have been busy getting it ready. Did you have the little round switch on the xantrex panel pushed in? I think it’s the inverter switch and that runs the usb and outlet up front. Couple others to. Enjoy.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #20

Thanks for info on inverter, I don't know much about them.(another thing I will have to research.
I bought a multimeter, thinking I could use it to figure out were I have power or not., then found out they don't work with usb. Ordered a $10 usb tester and will check things out this weekend.
Enjoy!